Logan and I landed in Maryland on Sunday afternoon. He was the PERFECT child through the 3 1/2 hour flight. He watched backyardigans on the ipod and listened to some tunes. After about an hour and a half of that he took a nap. Then he flirted with the stewardess and scored some cookies. He never cried, fussed, or even got off my lap. I think we'll sit by the window next time, we didn't even need to get up.
Our furniture arrived this morning and it is nice having our things again. We have a lot of boxes to unpack and I have ALOT of SCRUBBING to do before I will allow our stuff to touch this house. It needs some cleaning and some TLC. It will be good once I get it cleaned and organized. Things have gone very smoothly, we have met a family here in the ward, and Seth's job is going well. We are thinking we'll go to one of the Smithsonian museums on Saturday. :) I will post some pics on a later post.
P.S. So far all I've seen of Maryland is trees! They grow here like weeds. I've never seen anything like it.
15 comments:
I'm glad to hear everything went well on the plane. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of everything. It's been so many years since I've been there. Wish I was there to help.
Yay for good babies in flight. I'm glad you got there. I've been thinking about you. Good luck with everything and call even if you just need someone to talk to. Love you.
I love the east coast so much- it so pretty out there. I am glad that everything is going well for you out there so far. And yeah for not even having to get up on the plane!
I am glad all went well Kara. I know how stressed I am at bringing two babies home on an airplane; I only pray that the will be half as good as your little guy!
It is pretty shocking to go back east when you come from a desert. I like the lushness of so many trees. I love unpacking and organizing all of our stuff into its new place. But I have never done it with a 1 year old! Good luck!
So, so, so happy he was a good baby for you on the flight. What a relief for you! I'm excited to see some pictures of your new humble abode. Love you lots.
I miss our walks but I'm glad you made it! You'll have to post lots of pics. I'm already excited to see you guys at Christmas!
I am glad that Logan did so well getting out there and that you are all adjusting to life back East...I promise, you will love it!
Hey you guys!!! I'm so happy that Logan was his happy self. Like every one said...we need pics!! =) Timothy has been working on 3 more teeth for about 2 weeks and nothing has come yet. Dang. We have tickets to go see Twilight the day after Thanksgiving! It is going to be a girls night out. My sister and siter inlaw are going with me. The boys get to watch the kids. Your old landlords are moving in. I'm not too excited. I was hoping for a fun young couple, not....you know what I'm talking about. Hope to hear from you soon!!! See you in December!
I am glad you made there okay. Have fun enjoying your new town. I bet Maryland is so pretty with all of those trees. Way to go Logan flirting with the stewardess to get more cookies. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Kara - that is so great!!! I bet you'll grow to love it there, what an adventure!! I wish I could come visit.. maybe some day. Congrats to your hubby for his job!
Kara that is so wonderful! I'm glad everything is going well!! Maryland is lucky to have you guys.
I'm glad you got there safely and it sounds like your stuff did too! Good luck with the unpacking. . . ugh I hate moving. Wish we were there to help! The trees are beautiful though huh? My hubs is from missouri and it's the same way there. Trees EVERYWHERE. I'm so used to being able to look OUT over the valley, sometimes when I'd be on the interstate it'd make me sick cause all it was was trees. . .after trees. .. after trees. I'm jealous though! What a fun new experience for you and your family!
It sounds like work, but good. I am glad that you guys made it there safe. Good luck getting settled in.
Welcome to Maryland. Welcome to trees with no mountains! Glad you made it safe. Its so glad to hear things are going well.
Post a Comment