Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Our Maryland House.

I have had a few requests for pics of our place in MD. Bear in mind that this place was F-I-L-T-H-Y when we arrived and that things are a bit more pricey out here. In Utah we paid $685.00 for rent. This one is more than double that. It has much more space though, it just needs some TLC. I did not include a shot of the front of it, just in case there is some creepo watching my blog in hopes to see a picture of my house. I'm joking but kind of not at the same time.


Here is a view of our living room from the stairs. I'd like to give a special thanks to the Backyardigans who made this photo session possible.


A cute little boy.


Here is the fricknasty kitchen complete with faux brick and scuzzy linoleum. But I do have a dishwasher!

A previous occupant thought it would be a good idea to scoot the fridge over and hook it to the water pipes, rendering it immovable.....sigh.

We are going to buy a teeny island for the kitchen to give some much needed counter top space. I am posting these details for Mom Farnsworth. She wants to see exactly what our house looks like. P.S. You bought us these shelves. Thanks!

This is the dining room. Sweet wallpaper and LACEY curtains. Those are coming down after Christmas. Please note the light colored swipes behind the highchair: that is where I wiped the wall with a magic eraser then I stopped and decided it's not worth it.

Nice big dining room continuation. We are not all the way moved in by any means. I want to get Logan a little play kitchen for in here.

Our stockings:)


The closet with no doors. Mom Farnsworth, you bought us these curtains too! :) I need to iron/hem them up to length. I think they help the room out A LOT. I love them. I wasn't able to get a good picture of the living room curtains due to the lighting--they looked like they were glowing, but I love them just the same.


These curtains are in Logan's playroom/our guestroom. Our landlord paid for paint. I chose the colors and Seth painted this room and Logan's bedroom and the master bedroom. He will also be painting both bathrooms whilst Logan and I are in UT. I am so glad we were able to paint! P.S. Mom Farnsworth-you also bought Logan this rug from ikea. Logan likes to run all over it and push his push toys around on it. It keeps him happy and is covering some gross stains on the carpet.



Logan's room.


Our "Aggie blue" basement. I'm quite excited for all this extra space. It is too cold down there right now, but I am sure it will feel heavenly in the summer.


The deck.


The backyard from the deck. This photo was taken in October. All the leaves are on the ground now.

Our quaint little tree lined street. It is only wide enough for one car to drive down and we can't park in the street or our neighbor across the street can't back out. I guess that goes back to horse and buggy days. We are very grateful for the amount of space we were able to find in a nice area. We're excited for spring to come so we can use our yard and plant our garden! I am looking forward to making this little house into our home for the next year or so.

I left out the master bedroom and all three bathrooms. They are just not ready for any pictures to be taken.

9 comments:

Kylee said...

Yeah! I love it! You've got tons of space. Painting is the ticket, I think I learned that on HGTV or something. We're hoping to paint soon or pay some sap to do it for us! :) I'm glad you guys are happy where you are. The house looks great!

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

Kara, I thin kthat the house looks awsome. Just like you said with a little more TLC this spring will look even more amazing!!!! Good Luck!

Wanderingfamilies said...

It looks great - SO big! But I have to know...did you paint the basement brick Aggie Blue?!

Wanderingfamilies said...

P.S. Will you email me your address? My email is cwollenzien@gmail.com

DeeAura said...

It looks good so far! And that's so NICE to have all that space now!! AND. I love those christmas stockings. :)

Katie-babe said...

Your house looks so much better than the pictures that Seth had sent you. You guys sure have made it look so much nicer. I miss having you across the hall. It's hard for me because now Timothy and I don't have any cool neighbors that we hang out with. I'm getting the wii fit for Christmas. It looks way fun. Thanks for your comment on my blog. It would have been nice to have someone watch Timothy while I went to get my finger glued, but you do what you got to do. Right? I am looking forward to seeing you this month. Do you know when your coming and how long you are going to stay? Let me know! =) You still have my e-mail right? If not, let me know and I will text it to you. Have a great night!! See ya.

Carly said...

Kara, it really looks great. Love the decorations on the top of your armoire. I also love your couches. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and how much were they? We're still rocking Chuck and Edi's old reclining couches. Flashback....tipping off with my broken leg.

Patty Girl said...

Your house looks so great! You have definitely made it your own, which is always so fun. And you have a yard! Nice.

Avree said...

You've definitely improved it, I think it's way cute. I bet you and Logan are loving having all that space, it seems huge!