Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweet 16 at the Beach.









Makenna wanted a jumping picture. This is the best we could get from a camera that had a major time delay between the 'click' and actual picture taking.


Here's Seth loving the strawberries.



Whilst my sister was here, she had her 16th birthday! She decided that she wanted to spend it at the beach, so we made the 2 1/2 hour drive to Corpus Christi on the Gulf of Mexico. The beach was beautiful; we were the only ones there. It was blastingly hot and VERY humid. It reminded of me being at the beach in Italy..........The water was about 85 degrees, we had a great time! The beach was shallow for a VERY long way out, and we were all meandering out to where to waves were breaking.


I looked down as we were walking and yelled for everyone to STOP! There was a sting ray swimming right in front of Seth in the knee-deep water. Quite exciting, but I vacated and watched from the sand after that. Logan had a great time, but Eli isn't much of a fan. He didn't like the sand and he was really hot.


We stayed at a nice hotel with a sweet pool and Makenna had the coolest b-day cake ever. Well, we thought it was pretty cool. We made the "tv dinner" cupcakes from the book "Hello Cupcake."



-A chicken drumstick

-Peas and Carrots (skittles and cut up star bursts)

-Mashed potatoes and gravy (caramel topping and a yellow star burst **fruit chew, according to the book)

I love stuff that looks like one food and tastes like another. P.S. it looked way better in real life, we need a better camera.

5 comments:

Avree said...

Haha those cupcakes gave me a flashback to our pureed food assignment in college. Nice!

I'm excited for you to come next month so I can get my hands on Eli, I love his chubbiness!

Meagan said...

That is so fun to be so close to a beach... When are you coming to Utah, I saw Avree's comment and I would love to come see you, its been FOREVER!!! since I have seen you.

Kerry and Dave said...

No, I never did get your email. But to answer your question, I'm currently in the denial stage!

Erin said...

Kara!
Wow, it has been forever!
What a cute little family you have!
Hope all is well with you and that you got my blog invite!!
Keep int touch!!

BD said...

I love the cupcakes!