Thursday, June 5, 2008
Capitol Reef
I grew up camping. That is what my family did for fun. I hadn't really been since we've been married due to school and a baby and such. So, during the week of Memorial day, we went to Capitol Reef. It is a place that I hold near and dear. It's absolutely beautiful, and now that I am all grown up, I actually appreciate it! My parents and sisters were able to go with us too, which made it even better. I don't think I could have enjoyed the place as much without those that made all the Capitol Reef memories.
Seth and my dad had "man camp." They both had a tent to sleep in while my mom, sisters', and me and Logan slept in the trailer. I was soooooooooo very nervous about Logan and sleeping. Two weeks prior to the trip I took him on a "dry run" to both my mom's and Seth's mom's overnight. It was HORRIBLE. I left the Farnsworth's at 3 am. due to Logan NOT sleeping and screaming. The same thing happened at the Johnson's but I didn't go home I just didn't sleep. Needless to say I was worried that the trip would be a disaster. I prayed and prayed that it would work out and that we would have a memorable experience.
Logan slept. All night. MIRACULOUS! He loves being outdoors and he was in paradise. He was a perfect angel for the entire trip. The drive down was excellent, we didn't listen to Backyardigans until the 4th hour in the car! It was such a dream. I know it was a blessing, and a great one. The trip is one that we will always remember, in a GOOD way!
We also did a lot of hiking. Seth loved the Cohab Canyon trail. We also did the walk to the pioneer registry--that's what the pictures of the canyon walls are showing. My favorite hike has always been the Sulfur Creek hike. You just follow the river through a canyon. There are three waterfalls, and you have to climb up them. It was wonderful. We bought a Kelty Kid pack and Logan loved it! He still does, I use it daily. Ahhhh, I love summer trips!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
perty pictures. i've never been there but it looks like lots of fun, minus the long car ride there. and i'm so glad that logan slept for you. there's nothing better than a sleeping child. also, thanks for the clarification about you wanting to live in texas. :)
Post a Comment