Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Year number 3.

Yesterday we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. It seems like a lifetime has past, and essentially one has. Life is drastically different only 3 short years later, but at the same time, is exactly the same. When we married in 2005, we each had 2 years left on our bachelor's degrees (which sounded like an eternity in and of itself!). We didn't have Logan, Seth had to go to Texas to begin his guard commitment, and life revolved around school. Now Seth has almost completed his master's degree and has a job waiting for us in Maryland (yep, there it is, we are moving to Pasadena Maryland in October). - More to come in a later post regarding the Maryland adventure. As for me, now I'm an R.D. and we have a 1 year old! phew!

Seth and I celebrated with a dinner date to the Gateway at "Z-Tejas southwest grill." Totally recommend it, I had a salad that was out of this world. Mmmmmmmmm, achiote salad.....we walked a bit and he let me enjoy my "Logan-free" time. The little guy has been sick with high fevers and a rash for about a week now, so to get away from the neediness was exhilarating. I missed Logan very much though, and don't think I will be leaving him again anytime soon.

We spent the night at the "Sultan's palace" at the Anniversary Inn; how I love the jetted tub! It was a wonderful vacation, thankyou Seth.

I'm not too keen on the sappy "I wuv you hubby wubby posts," however I must say that although it seems that our lives are completely different than they were when we were married, we love each other in exactly the same way. Actually, I'd say the old adage is true; we love each other MORE than we did when we began it all 3 years ago.

4 comments:

DeeAura said...

Kara, I can't BELIEVE it's been 3 years! But...then again, I can. I'm so happy for you both and your new move to Maryland! Fun! I really do want to see you even just once before you move far far away from me, though. :) Happy Anniversary (though belated!) :)

Tati said...

Happy Anniversary! A lot HAS changed in 3 years!

marni said...

congrats on number 3! i know what you mean about it seeming like a lot longer. i tell andrew it feels like forever that we've been married and he gets all offended. i don't think that's a bad thing, but whatever. exciting that you'll be going to maryland. i'm sure you're glad that seth will be done, huh? :) and happy birthday to logan. i'm glad he enjoyed the cake. :) i can't believe he's already 1!

Melissa said...

Congrats on three years. I guess we're coming up on that too. WOW!! Sounds like you two had fun.