Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Logan turned one on August 2nd. At his check up he weighed 24 pounds and a couple ounces and was 32 inches tall. This placed him in the 73rd percentile for weight and the 97th percentile for height. After reporting these numbers to me, the doctor asked, "do you have a family history of large heads?" I giggled to myself-that attribute came from Seth. Logan has a head circumference in the 97th percentile. I was informed by our doc that this is not normal and without a family history of "noble"(thanks for the delicate term Avree) heads; that this would be a cause for alarm and a battery of tests on Logan's brain. The soft spot has already closed, so we will watch, but my mom instincts tell me that this is purely hereditary:)

Logan is a big boy, but is healthy, strong and VERY active. I love not feeling like I need to worry about him. I'm so glad he's not a sickly, scraggly whiff of a child. He eats MOST of our table food with us and LOVES fruit. He would eat a diet solely of bananas,grapes, and strawberries if I would let him. He's transitioned nicely to a sippy cup and whole milk-we only do a bottle at bedtime and that has worked for nearly a month now. We are very lucky to have a toddler who eats so well. I deserve it, considering how he started out.

He caught onto the birthday idea very quickly. He still lights up and smiles every time we sing "happy birthday." In the past month we have had 5 family birthdays, and Logan believes that each celebration has been for him. He totally loved his cupcake caterpillar cake, and now we have to spell out c-a-k-e if there is any around; otherwise he says mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmmmmm and screams if any other food item is offered.......... He may not LOOK like his mom, but he certainly ACTS like I do.

Thanks to all of our family for the gifts and parties.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara, its good to hear from you... what a darling little boy you have:}

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I can't beleive Logan is a year old already. From the results of of his test it sounds like he is a healthy big boy. The pictures at his party look so cute of him eating his cupcake and ice cream so adorable.

Carly said...

I can't believe he's already one! He's getting so big. I love that he knew what to do with the cake. I'm always disappointed when the kid doesn't just dive right in and make a mess. And I love the noise he makes for the car. What a cute boy!

Meagan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOGAN. I can't believe he is one. it goes by so fast. he is so cute, I love it that he is chubby, my little guy is chubby too, they are just so fun to squeeze.

Alex said...

Kara- that's too funny about Logan's huge head- I can't wait to hear the story in person- I'm sure you tell it pretty good!
Alex

rupee40 said...

What a cute little guy! I love those cake pictures, looks like he had a great birthday!!

Van and Heidi said...

Kara,
Logan is adorable. I can't believe he is one already! The caterpillar cake was a way cute idea. Also I loved the "Bubbo" video. Your blog is awesome!
Hope your doing great.
Love, Heidi

Van and Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.