
We bought our first house! Yay! It is a lovely '07 split level with a big backyard (complete with a playset). No neighbors in the front or in the back, so I finally feel like I have some space. We found a lot that is just under 1/4 of an acre, we are pretty pumped about that. We also have a lovely view of a hay field. A brand new elementary school is about a five minute walk from our house........AND there's a pool in the community-A MUST HAVE for the 100+ degree, humid- San Antonio summer. We haven't moved in just yet, we had hard wood flooring (hand-scraped wide plank, colonial hickory) installed in the front room (our piano room and library), and tile is going in the family room area-the rest of the main floor has existing tile. Ahhhhh the freshness of hard flooring, it's cleanable :)
Once the flooring is all in place, I will be taking more pictures. We are in love with our beautiful new abode!

Also, for the past 6 weeks, this little man has been going to speech therapy twice a week for "moderate speech, social and developmental delays," to quote the SLP's evaluation. I noticed his language skills and social skills diminished just after his 3rd birthday, a regression if you will. After the suggestion of 2 strangers, 1 good friend, family, and our Pediatrician, I decided to take him to the Speech and Language Center for an initial consult. The above mentioned was decided, and we are going from there. As per our last visit, our speech and language pathologist (SLP) suggested that Logan should begin Occupational Therapy as well. I don't think we'll do that one. We are also in queue for an assessment at the "Autism Community Network." I'm not the least bit scared, I actually feel validated that someone else agrees that my son has some very difficult-to-parent behavior patterns. You may have read some previous posts where I have vented and hoped that other moms would tell me their kids were
just like mine..........But, then again, how could they be, no child can hold a candle to my Logan. :)
Logan has had great progress over the past 6 weeks; ALSO, this has been going on with him. We had his hearing tested (perfect btw), and he was then seen by an ENT (ear nose and throat) specialist. He has had 7 sinus infections in the past 10 months and 4 ear infections. He snores like a trucker and foams at the mouth when he sleeps. After a 30 second exam it was decided that Logan will be having his adenoids and tonsils removed on Dec. 8th. Doc said he could easily see both adenoids just from the nostrils, and that only happens if they are badly enlarged. His tonsils are swollen as well. It has been 1 month since his most recent sinus infection and he is now feeling better (finally). He has blossomed this week with language, about 1/3 less crying, and has been quite delightful.
I believe that his language and social skills will improve tremendously once he can breathe again.
6 comments:
Wow you've had a lot on your plate lately! I know I've told you this, but I LOVE your new house, it's so pretty. You'll definitely have to post pictures of the inside once you get all moved in!
I love your house! So jealous. I'm glad you've had your concerns validated and that you're happy with the help you are getting your cute little Logan. Good luck with his surgeries. Can't wait to see pics of the inside of your house!
Way cute house Kara.
I am so jealous of your house it sounds wonderful, even if you are leaving us! You are so strong, yeah for the tonsils out that will be huge! Let me know if I can help and we will see you running!
Beautiful home, guys! I am glad that you have Logan in a program...you'll be amazed at how quickly he'll pick it back up. We have Ansley in one, too...you are a good mother for getting him checked out...good luck with the upcoming surgery - I am sure it will do wonders! Take care!
P.S. Hardwood flooring is the ONLY way to go! It is timeless, beautiful and cleanable!
Post a Comment