Saturday, October 30, 2010

Last year at this time........


Eli had just joined our family. I've been nostalgic all day long and I've been reflecting on "last year at this time...." as I've watched each hour tick by. This year has gone fast, very fast in fact. So much faster than my first child's first-year.

Eli is an absolute joy and is such a sweet little guy. He is an absolute breeze and we love him. He has kisses for everyone and the deepest little voice. He has tripled his birthweight (9 lb 3 ounces), so you can do the math and imagine how difficult it is to carry him :) He has wispy hair and it stands up on the sides in the morning (we call it "mad scientist hair"). He loves his big brother and always wants to touch him and kiss him (we hope this might be reciprocated some day).

Eli loves to be held and cuddled and rocked, so I still do this a lot. He's generally very quiet and hardly ever cries. HOWEVER, bring ear plugs if he ever shares your car, because he likes to scream like a banshee.

He says "yes" and "no" and even nods his head when we ask him questions. He says "wow" and does the sign for "more" and "all done. " He has 8 teeth and number 9 will be here any day. He would still prefer to nurse, so I believe he will have a bottle for quite a while. He just loves it.

He loves the stairs and gets very giggly and surrenders and lies down on the floor when we catch him in the act of climbing them. He loves the tub (and toilet) and splashes like a mad man.

We call him "Bam-Bam" for obvious reasons, and he is very very strong.

Eli, we love you more than words can say. Happy first birthday baby doll!

3 comments:

Avree said...

He really is the sweetest little guy!

Kerry and Dave said...

I was thinking about you too. Happy Birthday, Mr. Eli!

Carly said...

Wow, a year already? Crazy. That big boy is so dang cute, Kara. I'm glad he's such a sweetie.