Eli is happy and walking, and is just all around, a quiet and contended child. He is getting some molars, but whatev, he just takes it all in stride. His current hobbies include: sleeping through the night consistently.............yeah! And, eating out of the garbage, and saying the words "juice" and "boop." Boop means 'toot,' and Eli is always right there to inform me when he has had a "boop." Oh I could just eat him up!
Logan, ahhh, Logan. sigh. He is now a 'big kid' because he can now use the words to tell you that he is a big kid and that "I do it." He.........wait for it.........(this just makes me giddy) USES THE TOILET ON HIS OWN. I couldn't imagine this happening until about age 8. But he does it! I am so happy. He sings now. He uses imaginative play. He doesn't snore. He breathes through his nose. He likes to brush his own teeth. He hates sunbeams. He is everything I hoped he'd be by age 3 and 1/2. He has made such huge, huge improvements since having his T&A. Still easily frustrated, but he is now learning to deal with life. Yet another dream come true.
(Logan "takes rests" everyday. He looks at books and plays with toys in his room during what used to be nap time. However he snuck out and got into the computer desk. He found a marker and he "drawed on my face." and legs, and toes, and in between his toes.)
One more thing was also surgically removed with his tonsils and adenoids. And we miss it: sleeping. Shortly after his surgery, a 'switch was flipped' and Logan woke up one night shaking, sweating, screaming-for 3 hours. I was sure he was going to have a heart attack. Atleast I would've had a heart attack if I had been that freaked out. This lasted for a couple of weeks (now he sleeps on our bedroom floor)
Logan has been my champ sleeper since 18 months of age. 8pm-8am in his room, oft times playing, but in his room and not bugging us. No more of that. I have empathy for you, Kerry Strom. At our follow-up visit with our ENT I mentioned the no sleeping and he said that anesthesia, in children, although rare, can cause night terrors and or hallucinations---poor kid. Also, interesting: theory has it that Logan was not getting 'good sleep' and probably can't remember what it is like to have dreams since his issues have been going on for about a year and a half. So just normal dreams freak him out.
He is sleeping now, but every night at about 12:30, he comes crying into our room, lays on the floor next to my side of the bed, and spends the rest of his night there. Sheesh. Atleast we're sleeping, and hey, someday he'll be a teenager and I won't have him within my arms reach.
Over time I think he'll get used to sleeping again, and I am thrilled with the results of his surgery! I even cancelled our ACN appointment. Yes! I love being able to communicate with my Logan. I love him so much and I am so happy to see him thriving!I'd say it's a dream come true for me.
4 comments:
Yay for great news all over the place! That's so awesome, Kara!
Sorry about the sleeping troubles, but other than that I'm glad things are going so well! I'll give you a call soon so we can chat!
A blog from Kara - yeah!!! I can't believe that about Logan. how scary (and exhausting!) for all of you. I'm glad it has improved. I was up last night with T at 2:30am. Then Reilly at 3:30. Then Tanner again at 5:30. And I went back to work this past week. I'm so tired.....
I'm so glad things are working out for you guys. What a worry it is to be THE mom, huh! I've seen my niece have those night terrors and they are so scary.
Your boys are so darling. I wish we lived close so we could do play dates. Eli and May would play so well together. :)
Post a Comment