Tuesday, January 25, 2011

They're blessings, and I love them.

Perhaps it's the sunshine and warm San Antonio weather; perhaps it's the ever-growing spot of "unclutteredness" in my garage, perhaps it's the fact that both of my children are napping; I really don't know what caused me to reflect on the following things, but I did and I thought, "hmmm, wow, I'm really lucky."

-I have not been to the dentist in 3.5 years. Today I am still cavity free, never have had one, and I have a nice straight smile. Never have had braces.
-I have 20/10 vision in both eyes (according to the DMV). I've never had Lasik, and have never worn glasses or contacts.
-I've carried 2 babies, one was ginormous, and my stomach has snapped quite nicely back into place. Not perfect, but I am in awe.

Some girls have nice legs, small bums, or are just tiny and cute all over. I am not one of those girls; however, I have great teeth and by the DMV's standard "perfect" vision.


PLUS: We have a great backyard and we hang out there in our undies and frog boots. Well, by "we" I mean Logan of course :)


PLUS PLUS: Our "toy room" as Logan calls it is nicely organized. Thanks to the built-in shelving and The Land of Nod.

4 comments:

DeeAura said...

I just love and miss you, Kara. :)

Avree said...

Haha wow you are one lucky girl! I am really really jealous of your toy room. My "toy room" is our disgusting unfinished basement. I want shelves like yours! Oh and I also have 20/10 vision and have never had braces. But alas, I've only had 1 baby and my stomach never snapped nicely back into place.

Carly said...

Beyond jealous of your organized toy room.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Nicely said. I am jelous of that toy room too. If only we had one of those, and your straight teeth. :)