Here's the thing though: there wasn't even snow on the lawn. Can you even see it in the picture? I was so confused as to what the stuff really was: frost or snow? People freaked out down here. The snow was melted before noon, and everyone was driving 15 mph. However, when it rains here, it's like a hurricane. There are flash floods and rivers that run in the road (seriously). People drive in that like it ain't no thing. I'm much more afraid to drive in blinding flash flood rain storms than in pretend snow with sunny skies and all wheel drive. I think we are the only people in San Antonio who own a Subaru Outback. BUT, guess who was prepared for the snow day! Hah!
Since Seth had a surprise day off, we drove to Walmart (which was completely desereted, and so were the roads) and bought Mario Kart for the Wii. It was the best fake-snow day ever!
4 comments:
Thats HIL-AR-IOUS. Its so funny how different the south is. Ty works in Arkansas and Louisiana and they were declaring a state of emergency because it was COLD. Yep it got to 30 degrees and no one was at work.
Well at least you had Seth home for the day.
OH and I would LOVE to see you when you are here in March. Lets plan on it for SURE...
I'm sorry, you're coming to Utah in March? Hmm...DeeAura needs to be included on your plan... :)
Also, this made me laugh my head off. Until you started talking about the rain. Then I got scared.
That is hilarious! There has to be about 10 inches in Chicago before they even consider closing anything down. But yeah for a day off work!
My relatives in Dallas were talking about how everything was literally shut down for days. Craziness! They got real, measurable snow though. You guys only got some frosted lawns it looks like. Still, it is way funny!
Post a Comment