Today I have some things to be thankful for:
1. My dad. He's the best and he knows everything. He really does folks, whenever I wonder how to do anything I think either "what would my dad do," or "I'll call and see what dad says."
2. My husband. He is an amazing father and provider and is as laid-back as they come! And, I quite like him.
3. Our safety. This was touched off by a horrible day at church
-We went to get into our car after church and there were cops and police tape everywhere.
-Someone had broken into a ton of cars in the church parking lot while we are all inside. They got us. They popped our lock and took our dvd players, all the kid's dvds (which were burned copies), my cds (they will be sorely disappointed by my collection), our gps, our sunglasses, Seth's car and house keys, and Seth's wallet with everything from credit cards to military id and driver's license inside. Why does the military insist on putting ss#'s on things? Grrrrrr. Someone has ALL of our information, the keys to Seth's car and to our home.
-We are having all of our home locks changed today, and the car lock. We are having ADT service activated tomorrow, and we are now "Life Lock" customers.
-Stupid morons, they also took my make up bag! Now I feel violated AND I will be ugly tomorrow.
-Most importantly though, is that we are all safe. Someone in our ward was not as fortunate, and we are praying for his recovery. A man was in the parking lot and confronted the burglars. He was shot. REALLY?
-The stake President helped me call and cancel our credit cards and helped me with the kids while Seth filed police reports and called too. Then the President excused himself to go be with the brother in our ward in the hospital. We only lost things/money, please pray for Brother Lundeem.
-I can't wait for my new church building to be done!!!!!!! Did I mention I wore a sweater to church today because it's freezing in our building? Well I did, and then spent a lot of time talking to cops in a 104 degree parking lot. I would like to puke on the burglars and then smack them for upsetting my 3 year old. The whole way home Logan cried and said "someone took our dvd players, that was NOT nice mom!"
-We are safe, and will now be safer after our fortress is constructed (ADT, new car locks, new home locks, identity theft protection), I am way freaked out that they have my home address in my gps...........oh man.
Oh yeah, yesterday we went to Austin and had a great time. On the way home we were dying of heat and our car thermometer read "108"! On the freeway. blech. I have been open-minded about Texas, but my mind is (rapidly) closing.
8 comments:
Oh my word, Kara! That is all so horrible. I'll never be able to understand the decisions some people make. I'm sorry you guys were affected by it. We'll pray for the man from your ward. Love you.
Man! That is awful! I am so sorry! You feel so violated when you get burglarized. Its happened twice to us - the dude smashed the window and took our stuff as well. Totally lame. Glad you guys are ok. I hope that man will be alright too. That's horrible he was shot. So so sorry!
Oh, Kara, that is HORRIBLE!!!!! I'm with Logan - that was NOT nice! So, they didn't get caught? They just shot the man in your ward and then got away? What a bunch of losers. Nice way to spend Father's Day - "Let's go commit armed robbery and run Father's Day for as many people as we can." So, I have been so happily reading your comments and missing you and thinking of you and got so excited to see a blog post from you and was all set to write some quippy little comment until I read your post. And now I'm just so mad at those jerks!!!!!!! Glad you are ADT-proof!
How horrible!!! That crazy! I can't imagine having to do all that.I'm so sorry. Hope that guy feels better soon. Hope you stay safe, too! :)
I already sent you an e-mail so I'll just say again, I'm so sorry!
That is horrible. I am sorry about all your things stolen. I will pray for the man in your ward. What a crappy Fathers Day for all you and your ward members.
Avree told me about this today and we were both freaking out for you. I'm so sorry this happened! How dang scary! It is so awful to have things stolen from you. Glad you guys are okay.
Talk about stress. I am so sorry that happened to you! It's especially crazy that it happened during church! I hope everything turns out ok and that brother from your ward is doing better. Good luck!
Post a Comment