Hello! Blogging began to feel like a chore, and I got burned out. Again. So I stopped blogging. Again. Now I am back. Again. Summer in Texas is like winter in the northern lands. You stay inside all day, and everyday the weather is the same. It affected my brain a bit, and I had nothing new to say or nothing new that we did. We have had some change and excitement in our life in the last month, so I feel like I have stories worth sharing! Don't worry Kerry, I am the friend who updates her blog. Again :)
Logan chose his own theme for his 4th birthday. He told me, weeks in advance, that he wanted an "outside, camping, smiley-face birthday." Since it was like, 110 here, "outside" was absolutely impossible, but we did manage the rest! We had an "inside, camping, smiley-face birthday." I decorated the house while Logan was asleep. Balloons and an old tent totally impressed him, and he said it was the "best birthday ever!"

I taped his beloved paper smileys all over the walls. I made them when he was like, 18 months old during the cold Maryland winter. Logan learned his colors from these happy little faces, and he has been in love with them ever since.
I possess great talent for cake decorating. It even LOOKS like a smiley face! hahaha. Logan absolutely loved his cake. It has the special "my mom was too cheap to buy me a real cake" look to it. Plus, we Farnsworth's hate store-bought icing.
Meet, "old tent." My parent's gave us this tent; it was the first one they bought, and the one that I used to go camping in as a little tot. I even saw my first stars from this tent! It is now, old, (it was probably manufactured long before my birth-year, right?) and the zippers don't work and the poles have no strength left in their elastics. It was NOT easy to get it put up! Until Logan's birthday, Seth and I were in strong disagreement as to whether or not "old tent" needed replacing. After "old tent" was put together (and after a bit of cursing from my husband), "old tent" was retired. But boy, did Logan love that tent!! We put his presents inside, and he truly believed the tent was one of the gifts to him as well. He even slept in the tent that night, by himself, downstairs! That is saying something since nearly every night he ends up sleeping on our bedroom floor!!! Anyway, back to the party....


3 days later the kids and I flew to Utah and spent August there, fleeing the heat!
7 comments:
I love the tent idea! How fun!! Both your boys look so big, its amazing how fast they grow! Happy Birthday Logan!!
Your kids have gotten so big since you last posted. :) And I know what you mean about the heat in the summer. It's been many years since I lived in the AZ, but the heat is something that'll always stay with you. Especially at night when it doesn't get below 100. I feel for ya. But at least you don't have to deal with the freezing coldness of Cache Valley in the winter. Although you do miss out on the people slipping on ice as they walk up a ramp to get ice cream...
To answer your question, yes, our latest addition was born on September 20th. I updated my blog about it a week or so ago.
Miss your face!
Love it. You were very creative with the campfire... I love to read your blog and hear whats going on, its been too long since I have seen you. Seth needs to find a job in Salt Lake and you could move here and live by me. Well enough about me, what do you think about me... Ha ha, do you remember Nuts always saying that.
I can't even imagine how HOT texas is. But you don't have to worry about driving in snow.. that is always a good thing.
Well Happy Birthday Logan. I can't believe he is already 4.
Dang Kara I'm impressed! You went all out! I love how thrilled he looks in all the pictures, so worth the effort!
I vote you put together my next birthday. I've never felt jealous of a kid's party before, but I can just hear Seth cursing at "old tent" and it just brings a lot of joy to my life. :)
Yeah for the Farnsworth blog back up and running! And Happy Birthday, Logan! And, it was so, so good to see Seth last month! But I was so sad you weren't there too!!
Wow! You don't blog for a few months and all of the sudden your kids are huge! I love the birthday party! I love that kids want the simple things out of life. Who would want to have a campfire for their birthday? So simple and sweet. It is great to have you back blogging. I'll be watching for further updates!
Post a Comment