Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sariah Jane

Seth's younger brother, Joe, graduated from bootcamp here in San Antonio back in July.  My in-laws and my 8 (now 9) year old niece came to see him and visit with us!  My Mother in Law and Sariah Jane were able to stay here for 3 weeks.  Sariah was quite the trooper.  She had fun, but she got homesick as well.  I thoroughly enjoyed having her here.  It was like having a friend with me all the time.  A wonderful friend who thought I was smart, and cool, and pretty, and skinny (she told me these things).  I learned that I CANNOT "do hair."  I also learned about the clothing store "Justice," and about "Bieber Fever."

She helped me with my kids.........AMAZING!!!!!!!!!  Older siblings (especially older sisters) are how big families continue to grow and function.  I need an older child.  It was truly great.  Sariah and I went shopping and swimming and we went to Sea World as much as was humanly possible.  I personally had a blast diving for coins with our goggles on in our pool.  I loved loved loved doing the water slides and acting like a "big kid" on all the fun rides at Sea World.  She is at such a perfect age right now.  It was like going back in time and hanging out with my little sister again.  In the next couple of years I won't seem as cool and Sariah won't want to play like she did this summer.  I may or may not have teared up as we were diving for treasures for the last time this summer.  I shall never forget her little pokey-out goggle ears and the thrill in her face when she learned to tread water.  I've known her since she was not quite 2.....she is so beautiful and is growing up so fast! Oh I miss her!!!!!!!! Love you Sariah Jane!
This was feeding time in the sting-ray tank at Sea World. The diver, pictured, was not the food, but was feeding the sting rays by hand, with the stinger barbs still intact!
Here we are enjoying my favorite Sea World show, "Azul."  It has tons of acrobats that dive from the ceiling into the pool with beluga whales swimming around.  Awesome!
Eli is contemplating the universe.
A picture by Shamu.  The actual shamu show was too loud and too long for Logan, hence no pictures . Also, it's about 1.8 butt-hot million degrees in this picture.  Death/heat stroke type temp.  We were focused on getting inside the water park.  That really is where you spend most of your time at Sea World San Antonio.  
 This is Seth and Sariah, I obviously rock at getting action shots.....Our favorite water slide was "the bowl" as in "swirls around like a toilet bowl and flushes you out the bottom."
 Here we are, on a Wednesday morning, totally OWNING the place!  This is the kiddie pool and it is amazing!  There are fun, foamy-type things to climb on in nice shallow water.  They are the kind of climby things that are in the mall play areas, only in water.  I can let my kids (well, Logan has outgrown this pool now) play for hours without having to chase them or put life jackets on.


Thanks for a great summer Sariah!

No comments: