
I had to post this, it was so funny! We were saying night-time prayers with Logan. He has never said a prayer without much prodding and he usually just says "no thankyou ma'am." Awesome. Well tonight was different. Seth said the prayer and before he said 'amen,' Logan yelled (in a very sweet voice) "thanks for dying, Jesus!" I laughed. Out loud. For a long time.
Also, a week ago I was driving and some lovely soul behind me kept honking at me while we were waiting at a red light. Nice. When it was my turn to "yield" for a left turn at an intersection, said person began pumping his horn again. I said "shut up!" Logan, from the back seat, spoke in a very low voice and said "we don't say shut up mommy, it is not respeKtful (emphasis on the K, I know there is not actually a k in respectful, but there is when Logan says it) He continued with "mommy needs to use good manners and be polite, we can say shush, not shut up."
Huh, he listens. His typical disposition is one of, well, discontent, and he generally isn't in the mood to listen or act like he heard a word his parents have spoken. Apparently he does hear things, and good things! Apparently it helps to put him in a super-happy good mood (he was in this case), by surprising him with a new Thomas the Train toy. He listens. Yessssssss!
Also, a week ago I was driving and some lovely soul behind me kept honking at me while we were waiting at a red light. Nice. When it was my turn to "yield" for a left turn at an intersection, said person began pumping his horn again. I said "shut up!" Logan, from the back seat, spoke in a very low voice and said "we don't say shut up mommy, it is not respeKtful (emphasis on the K, I know there is not actually a k in respectful, but there is when Logan says it) He continued with "mommy needs to use good manners and be polite, we can say shush, not shut up."
Huh, he listens. His typical disposition is one of, well, discontent, and he generally isn't in the mood to listen or act like he heard a word his parents have spoken. Apparently he does hear things, and good things! Apparently it helps to put him in a super-happy good mood (he was in this case), by surprising him with a new Thomas the Train toy. He listens. Yessssssss!
2 comments:
Oh wow I laughed out loud at the "thanks for dying"! It's so fun when kids start saying cute things!
I love the things kids say during prayers! It makes me laugh too.
Post a Comment