Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something to brighten the family's day.

We've recently had a death in the family (my Uncle Bill). He passed away on Saturday after a 4-wheeling accident. He was at the Little Sahara Sand dunes with his 2 boys; he went over a dune too fast, tipped the 4-wheeler and it landed on top of him. He didn't make it to the hospital. We are all very shocked and saddened by the loss, but I admire the fact that he was having fun with his children when it happened. He had a quadruple bypass a couple of years ago, so to be 60 and riding with your kids is pretty cool.

He was a congressman all through my growing up years. He wasn't married at the time, so we were his "family" for all of his tv and campaigning purposes. I went to many campaigning and election parties as a kid. I sort of thought every family had someone "famous" in them. I remember being on weatherschool (good old KSL) and not being afraid at all, afterall Uncle Bill had cameras at his stuff all the time.

He did a lot for his community and loved his family. There have been many tributes in the Utah papers and news which are much more eloquent than mine, so I'll leave it at this: you are loved and will be missed, Uncle Bill.

Here is a video of Logan for my mom and grandma and dad. Hopefully you can destress for just a minute while you watch. Wish I could be there!

6 comments:

Avree said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's death. I saw it on the news but I didn't know he was your uncle.

The video is so cute. I loved the balloon part. Don't worry about letting him jump on the couch, I'm sure there are much worse things he could be doing.

Carly said...

I must seem like a broken record to you, but once again, I'm really sorry about your uncle. And sorry you couldn't come to Utah. I'm thinking of you.

Elena Loo said...

We heard about the death on the news of the Congressman. I didn't know he was your Uncle. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great guy. I also think it's cool that he was out doing something fun with his kids when it happened, however, still sad to lose him.

(great video of Logan. He is so fun!)

marni said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I also saw it on the news and had no idea. Aren't we lucky to know that our families are eternal?

I also watched the video of Logan even though it was intended for the grandparents. He's a cutie and is at such a fun age where he doesn't know how to talk back yet. :)

We'll be thinking of you and your family!

The Wimmer 5 said...

Oh Kara, I'm sorry to hear about that. I remember many stories and discussions about Uncle Bill. You guys are such a great family and I know he will be missed. Send my love to Grandma and your mom and dad as well.

Love you and hope you're feeling well.

The Quintana Family said...

You have such a cute family! I'm so glad we are able to reconnect :)