Since I've now successfully infiltrated my wife's blog, I'm going to make a post about my own travels and interests. This is mostly for my dad and any other politically-minded people who may be reading this (sorry Kara). There are few things that motivate me enough to brave the DC metro and travel to the den of thieves, but this week DC is hosting the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), so I went to see an event sponsored by the Freedom Defense Initiative called "Jihad: The Political Third Rail; What They Aren't Telling You." Keep in mind that my job is to spy on Islamic jihadists all day at work, so this is an event I had to be there for.
The event featured speakers from the United States, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, who detailed the violent and totalitarian nature of Islam, and efforts by so-called Muslim advocacy groups to prevent people from speaking out against it. One lady, Wafa Sultan, an Arab and ex-Muslim, has had several fatwas issued against her from Muslim leaders in the Middle East, calling for her death because she publicly criticized Islam's maltreatment of women, and because she apostatized from Islam (apostasy is punishable by death under Islam). She explained yesterday that Islam is not just a religion, but is in fact a dangerous totalitarian political ideology (which is true). There were several other speakers, including a guy who was fired from the Pentagon for delivering a presentation which was critical of Islam, and a lady from Austria who is under investigation for "hate speech" for publicly criticizing Islam. Anyway, it was awesome and I was glad to be there. For more on the event, click here.
4 comments:
Seth, thank you for circling yourself in that picture. Otherwise, I might have spent a good 20 minutes scanning every face in the crowd for proof you were there. :)
P.S. That does sound pretty cool. Then again, you are a spy. I bet you get mistaken for Jason Bourne all the time. Only...less on the run. I don't know what I'm talking about.
Seth,
Very Good, I read all the links. Next year we'll go together.
Greg and Joe came over, played Settlers. Joe said his date with Ashley went very well, and plans to ask her out again.
Who's Ashley?
A girl that my old man set Joey up with. She works at the Guard base, and sometimes runs the circuit training for all of us out-of-shape people.
Post a Comment