for a new post. I am in Utah right now and am completely enjoying myself. I love seeing family everyday. It is SUCH a luxury to have grandma's and grandpa's and cousins and aunts and uncles.............*sigh* Do you realize how awesome it is to go to family's houses for dinners and or visits on a regular basis? Do you realize how cool and relaxing it is to break the monotony? Oh man, I went to the store WITHOUT my kids IN THE MIDDLE of the day! Thank you grandma. Oh how I wish I could be around here more often. No paying babysitters and I get teeny breaks....I love it.
I don't have my camera with me, so this will be a text only post. Eli is now 3 months old. At his 2 month doctor visit he weighed 15 pounds 5 ounces (95 %ile) and was 23 inches (75%ile). He is about 17 pounds now at 3 months. He wears 6 month sizes now......*sigh again. He is the cutest baby in the world and he'll be in the NFL someday..... I hope all you mothers are gasping at the weight of my child. He started at 9lb 3 ounces remember.
Here's a good story: My sister is in the coordinated dietetics program at Utah State (someone else really cool went through the same program a few years ago). Sis was at clinicals when Eli was born, so she was updated via text message. When she told her fellow clinicalling classmates the news of Eli's arrival (she was really just telling the preceptors because they are my friends), one horrible bratty student said this in response to my son's size "oh my gosh! Did your sister have like, gestational diabetes?" I wish so badly that I could meet said girl, and tell her that I am a dietitian and that she is not (yet), and that no I was NOT diseased. My son was just a big adorable healthy baby!
Oh how I love my Eli. He never cries. He coos a lot. He smiles all the time. He only nurses (so, bah to my theory that Logan's size came from formula). He sleeps at night (thank you prevacid). He kicks like a frog in the bath tub and could stay in there all day. He completes our family!
8 comments:
I'm so happy for you!!! I'm so happy that Eli is such a good baby! And that you get to hang out with family! I am totatlly jealous :)
Enjoy it!!! I want see you guys again and hold that cute boy(s)!
Does that girl have kids??? Does she not realize that gestational diabetes is not the only reason that all kids are born different sizes??? Some people are ignorant.
I'm boycotting you and your blog until you call me to hang out.
I am so happy that Eli is a good baby! Sometimes you wonder what people are thinking when they say the things they say. You want to tell them, "Really....did that sound better in your head before you spit it out???"
ha ha! people make me laugh! And if it makes you feel any better, my little one was just a little bigger than that at his 2 month checkup. :)
OK the boycott is over but your post doesn't say in-laws, it says family. So how was I to know you weren't in Logan? Anyways...call me soon, I want to see Eli! (and you and Logan)
My T will be joining your Eli in the NFL. Can't wait for the 20-month stats when I take him in to Dr. G in 2 weeks! Oh, and you need to fly your Uncle back here and make an igloo. I totally want to sleep in one and we have enough snow for a really, really, really big igloo - a mansion igloo, if you will. :)
I don't know that he completes the family, Kara. This is just #2 of 7, right?
Post a Comment