Thursday, May 6, 2010

One of those days

We all have them, whether we have kids or not. Today was "one of those days." My children were the reason that the day was well, really challenging. One thing after another, blah, blah.

Upon Seth's arrival I made a vent statement. He told me that perhaps if I just "had a better attitude" that the day wouldn't have really seemed that difficult.

Unless you are in it, day in and day out, and have had to apply your fool-proof solution, then you are not allowed to solve anything. You must apply your advice before you offer it. And walk quickly out of the room before your wife beats you to death with spaghetti noodles (the thing nearest my angry hands).

7 comments:

Nicole said...

That made me laugh- thanks!

Nicole said...

I'm sure Jason is thinking that in his head when I "vent" to him about my days. Lucky for him he hasn't said it yet...yet.

Coul and Kelse Rich said...

I could not agree with you more! I just LOVE it when the husbands have them for a day of craziness. Because it is then, and only then, that they realize the real meaning of the statement "One of those days"!

Avree said...

Seth Seth Seth. (as I type this I'm shaking my head) If you lived in Utah we'd take a girl's trip and see how Seth felt about your attitude after he'd been alone with the boys for a few days.

Seth said...

I need a husband's blog where I can give my side of the story, and husbands can write in and give me sympathy... But I am grateful that I didn't get to beat to death with noodles. What a way to die!

Elena Loo said...

Oh, that is beautifully put. I love it and totally understand.

Amy said...

I had almost an identical evening last night! So nice to know that even though my husband doesn't understand---someone else does!