Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Addendum to diaper post

Just in case anyone wanted to know:
-I chose fuzzibunz brand pocket diapers (because the leg holes adjust to fit and I couldn't find another brand that did that)
-I purchased a 12 pack new, off ebay for 180.00 (with shipping)
-I buy my flushable liners(equals no poo worries) from babiesrus.com
-You can't wash cloth diapers with normal laundry soaps because they will cause build-up and will cause the diapers (eventually) to not absorb (sick).
-You also can't use just any diaper cream for the same reason, btu Target or Babies R Us has cloth diaper options
-You can make your own diaper detergent out of equal parts: arm and hammer washing soda, borax, and Baby Oxiclean
-I've purchased washing soda and borax from the grocery store laundry aisle in both TX and MD, but never UT, it's probably there too though.......they cost about 3.50 per box (gaspingly inexpensive)
-Baby Oxiclean is at Super Target or Babies R Us.

Hopefully someone else is as nerdy as I am and will find this post exhilarating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You almost have me convinced to try this with my little girl. Let me know how it goes. I'm a bit scared to try but I hate how expensive diapers are and I hate contributing to the land fill.

Avree said...

I really want to quiz you on this, but it will have to be over the phone because I have too many questions. I'm in St. George but you should call me next week, I gave you my phone number so just do it! (please)

Patty Girl said...

Ok I loved this post! We are doing cloth diapers for our next kid so it's good to hear people that like them. Thanks for the brand info and where to buy them because those are my biggest questions. BTW I totally what your zucchini recipes!