Thursday, October 21, 2010

We got 'em!

Or rather, they've got us. Logan's box springs will have to be trashed. It's "infested." It's crawling. The mattress looks suspicious. We'll leave him on the air mattress for a while, and probably will end up buying him a new bed set when we move. So GROSS. I high-tailed it to Target and bought plastic zip-covers for my mattress and box springs as a preventative measure. I really can't afford to replace everyone's beds at the moment. Thankfully, Eli is safe in his crib with a plastic mattress.

I faithfully, stealthfully(word?) crept into Logan's room several times last night. My last scan was at midnight and I saw nothing. I was even wearing a night vision head lamp (Avree, that might give even you a run for your money in the nerdiness department).

Logan woke us up screaming at 1 am stating that there were "teeny bugs" on his pillow. They were there, and in his sheets, and crawling on his quilt. They knew my vigil had ended. I felt so bad for him. We moved him to the spare room and he's using an air mattress. Good thing our visitors were here last week and not this one!

5 comments:

Carly said...

Oh my gosh. I've got the heebie jeebies! Go get 'em!

Jill said...

i have to say i am totally glad i'm not you right now. and how the heck do you sleep at night knowing you have them? i keep telling jake that we need to check for bed bugs. i'm so freaked out about them. they've been all over the news and jake keeps making fun of me for worrying about it. just reading your blog made me have weird itches happen. i truly hope you can get out of there quick and not bring them with you. yikes!!

Avree said...

Disgusting. But yes, you definitely win the nerd award with your night vision head lamp.

Kerry and Dave said...

That is SO GROSS!!!!!!!!

Patty Girl said...

Yikes! That's all I can say!