Thursday, July 3, 2008

11 months has passed so quickly........


I am being a bit nostalgic and cliche. I must say though, "where has the time gone?" My baby is almost a little boy. He turned 11 months yesterday. I know all mom's brag, it's our right. Here goes:

This is what Logan does at 11 months of age....possibly only interesting to me and family.

-Waves "bye" whenever we pick up the diaper bag and head for the door
-Crawls REALLY fast and crawls like Mowgli, or a stinkbug with legs straight and bum in the air
-stands all by himself, for a few seconds
-Points to his tummy and looks at it when asked "where's your tummy?"
-Growls at the picture of the lion in his book and the lion on his pj's, and the one on his bedding
-He gives high fives, and laughs because it's apparently funny
-Puts things in and out of things: like shoes in and out of the shoe basket, toys in and out of buckets, baskets, mom's kitchen stuff out of the cupboards.....but not back in. hmmmmm.
-When we say "honk" he pinches anyone's nose that is near him
-Prefers to be naked, he crawls faster that way.
-Shakes his head "no" when he is full
-claps
-plays find dad's wedding ring that dad hides in various places around the apartment...then tries to spin it on the table like dad does.
-says "wheeee" when he slides down the end of the bath tub or on a slide at a park or pool
-loves playing in sand and crawls really fast when we call his name when we're at the park.....he tries escaping and hides under the slides.
-Understands the words pluggie (pacifier), if we ask him if we can have it he'll take it out of his mouth and offer it to our mouths....cute, but gross.
-If I say "go get your pluggie.....he'll crawl and usually find it........it's great!"
-Loves to eat goldfish crackers and hoards them in his cheeks, also loves to feed them to mom and dad.
-Gets REALLY excited when he sees grandma, grandpa, cousins, or aunts and uncles
-When it's windy he blows air through his lips and points to the tree just off our deck.
-Gives great kisses
-Says "woah" when his toy car zooms past him
-Says "mmmmmmmmmmmmm" really loudly, anytime he sees food. Especially loudly when he sees the sacrament bread.
-Smacks his lips and says mmmmmmm at the food picture in his book
-Loves his blankets.......
-Usually sleeps 12 hours a night, barring any teething
-Naps 1 1/2- 2 hours a day
-DOESN'T SCREAM LIKE A CRACK BABY ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!
-Doesn't need PREVACID!!!!!!!
-Is the love of our lives!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Although I'm not family, I was interested in this post too. James is only a couple of weeks older than Logan (he'll be one July 20). He is doing a lot of the same things and it really is so exciting! :-)

Melissa said...

That's hilarious! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun!

Avree said...

He is such a cutie! I love to just watch his little wheels turn!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

I can't believe how cute Logan is!! It is fun to see how much he is doing and learning. He is getting so big.

Ann said...

I like the new background. Logan looks so cute. I can't believe how big he is getting.

The Cassity's said...

Did seth get the job yet? I was just thinking about it this morning?

DeeAura said...

I laughed out LOUD about his reaction to the sacrament bread! I was giggling all along, but burst out in laughter at that comment. What a cutie he is!! I'm so glad he's not a crack baby any more. Lol. :) Love you, Kara!