Logan has been in need of some new toys. All we really had were baby toys like rattles and teething rings, and he has been getting bored with those. I must admit though, I hate over-the-top toys. I hate the way it looks when a living room is taken over by huge worthless toys that just blink and play music. I won't buy those. I hate the way they can "junk up" a home. Besides, he is into toys now that are interactive. He likes to put "things into things" like balls into buckets or various kitchenware into nooks and crannies in my house........this led us on our new toy quest
Sometimes I crave a good bargain. I get some sense of adventure by prowling the DI for "treasures." Some days are good, and others are bad. There is a lot of JUNK there, but once in awhile, you find a GEM! I found this foam alphabet and numbers, all sealed up in their original bucket with the safety seal still on, never been touched at the DI for............wait for it..............$1.00!
They stick to the sides of the tub, which he loves, and they are PERFECT for Logan's new hobby of putting "things into things." They were brand new, and now his favorite letters "I" and his favorite number, "1" look like a dog has played with them. These are his new must have, and I try to take them with us whenever I can.
1 comment:
That is a great Bargain. New toys are fun, but I have to agree with you they do junk up your house. We have bought Brooke like maybe 4 toys total in her life, the rest come from Grandma and Grandpa and aunts and uncles. It is fun though. I can't believe he is almost 1. That went by so fast. He is a cutie, that is for sure. You need to come out here and we could have a swim party, that would be fun.
Post a Comment