
It is time to announce. We are moving to Severna Park Maryland in approximately 3 weeks. Seth's company is moving us out and paying for Logan and me to fly. Seth has to drive one of the cars all the way back there, and his dad and brother are driving our other one out. The nonstop flight from Salt Lake to Baltimore is just under 4 hours, and the drive takes 4-5 days. I am so glad I get to fly!
Seth found us the cutest little house in a great little neighborhood. We will be very close to the Chesapeake Bay. It has a YARD and 1500 square feet inside which just seems so big compared to what we are in right now. We'll be able to have a little garden and Logan will be able to PLAY OUTSIDE! We are renting to start out, since we don't know anything about the area and because a lot of houses that were for sale and didn't sell are now up for rent. We are fortunate because my cousin Lani arrived home this past March from serving her mission in the Baltimore mission. Thanks for the heads-up Lani!
Seth isn't allowed to say where or who he will be employed by, but I can say that it is a government agency AND that the job requires a top-secret security clearance. Seth is glowing right now because that sentence made his new job sound awesome. He said it sounds way more intriguing than it actually is.
Our plan is to move back "home" i.e. to the west after a couple years have passed and he's gained experience as an analyst. The jobs here require that you are experienced, they don't take rookies. Goodbye Utah! (For now).
P.S. Don't freak out if you see that you have a blog viewer from Maryland, IT IS ME! I have been peeking at blogs of those who are my acquaintances. Hopefully you will allow me to continue peeking. I don't want to start a wave of privatizing blogs. :)
We'll have 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. PLENTY of room for any visitors. PLUS we have lots of sites to see with DC so close. Come and visit us in Maryland!
14 comments:
That's so exciting! My brother also served in the Baltimore mission. He just returned home 1 year ago. It's gorgeous out there! New experiences are fun!
You might wish you hadn't offered to have visitors because Matt and I will take you up on it. I've never seen D.C. (or been anywhere in the East) so we'd love to take advantage. On the other hand, I'm so sad that you're moving! I'm going to have to go on walks by myself now because well...you're like my only friend in this area, I'm a loser. I looked at the pictures of your new house, it's way cute!
congrats! that's going to be so fun! i've never been there, but i've heard it's gorgeous. lucky! and congrats to seth getting a top secret job. it's always nice when someone asks what your husband/or father does for a living and all you say is..."uuhhh"....:) you'll have to take pictures of your house. i love seeing where people live. :p
I'm so excited for you guys!! A yard?! Playing outside?! Lucky little Logan. :) Maryland is beautiful...I'm jealous, for sure. Also, woah, Seth! A super secret agent man. Lol. I'll be dying to see pictures of this whole adventure. :)
Congrats! That is exciting news. You will love living away from home, you will have so many great experiences together! And wahoo for the yard, your little guy won't know what to do when he can go out the back door and play!
How fun!! I hope all goes well for you and your family, Good Luck!! Continue to blog so we can still keep in touch
Yeah! That sounds like it will be great! I have a cousin that lives in Baltimore and a sister-in-law in Portsmouth, Virginia and they love it there. With all those family and friends around we'll have to come visit. That would really be a blast.
Enjoy it while you are there. Ty and I missed out on so much when we lived in Atlanta (granted it was only 6 months) but who knows when we'll get to go back there! :(
Wow- how neat! Good luck with everything! I have a cousin who lives in Maryland and works in D.C. She also has a top secret job :)
Kara, that sound so awesome! I'm so excited for you guys. I think it'll be such a great adventure. Do you ever watch Food Network? There's a show called Ace of Cakes set in Baltimore. You'll have to order one of their cakes so you can be on the show! Congrats on everything. Love ya. We need to plan a get-together before you go. When would be a good day for you?
That's great news! And no, we didn't "go private" because of this move! How exciting. I'm so happy for you guys. You'll love it. Good luck with the moving ordeal...it stinks! Love ya!
Good luck with your move. It is going to be a very exciting adventure. Keep blogging so that I can see what you are up to.
I promise that you will love the East! We are headed to DC Oct. 25-Nov. 4 visiting Kurt's sister and my sister (in NYC)...we'll have to visit you on our next trip back east...I like to go (I grew up in Jersey on the shore)...good luck!
WOW you guys are moving. How exciting, scary. At least we have blogs to keep in touch with. I'm glad to here you will be coming back to Utah someday. good luck with everything
Kara- That is so exciting but sad because its kind of far away! Good luck and tell Seth I am jealous of his new 'top-secret clearance job'. Hopefully we will be able to visit you guys sometime- I've always wanted to visit that area!
-Alex
Post a Comment