
It's here again. Birthday time! At 12:06 midnight, I will be officially 25 OR halfway to 50 OR 1/4 of the way to 100. I prefer to think of it as just plain 2-5. I'll be spending the birthday evening with my sister who is turning the big 2-0. So long to your teens Kami, you're finally an adult (technically).
Lots of people have asked me if I "like sharing my birthday." To those questioners I reply, yes of course. When I was 4 years old I asked for a sister for my birthday, and I got one. At the time I merely thought my birthday wish was being fulfilled; I only realize now how slim the chance was.
Our birthday has always been exciting. I always had someone who got excited with me. Mysteriously we always got the SAME presents, just in different colors. We loved that, and I am hoping the tradition will continue this year. Maybe I'll get a brown dustbuster and Kami will get a green one...OR maybe we'll have a throwback birthday party. A throwback party would consist of Kami in pink sweats with kitties on the front and myself in purple kitty sweats WITH paw prints continuing down the leg of the sweats.
We always had rainbow chip cake with rainbow chip frosting. Then we would gather in the living room after DYING all day long in anticipation for our presents. I would open silly putty, then Kami would open drumroll......SiLlY PutTy! One year it I opened a magnadoodle, then Kami opened a magnadoodle! One year our grandma made us an ENTIRE barbie house furniture set out of yarn and plastic canvas. Good times.
I think we need to rekindle the matching sweats flame....
Happy birthday Kami! and Kara. :)
10 comments:
happy Birthday kara. I hope that you have a great day. It is so cool that you get to share it with your sister, so happy birthday Kami as well.
Happy birthday Kara! I think you need to tell everyone about what the birthday fairy (aka Seth) did.
I hate it when I read your blog at work because I can never do it in secret. I laugh out loud at the funny things, and then everyone knows I couldn't POSSIBLY be working, so then I have to tell them why I was laughing and...dang it. :) Um - Kara, I REALLY hope you and Kami get dustbusters. Also, good thing you always get your wishes! Happy Birthday!! Love ya.
HAPPY B-DAY!!!!! I guess I could walk across the hall and wish you happy b-day, but this blogging thing is just way too much fun!!! I hope you have a great birthday!
I was thinking about you today, hoping it was a great birthday! Twenty-five is a great age! Live it up! Love ya!
Happy Birthday Kara! That had to be fun growing up having your birthday on the same day. Too bad no picture of the flower pants.
Happy Birthday Kara! I hope you had a cake as delicious as the one in the picture from your childhood looks!
I want to know what the birthday fairy did! Happy birthday! It's great to be 25, ahh, I remember being that age so long ago (he he, I turned 26 in August). That's such a cute picture of you and your sister!
Happy birthday! That is so fun that you and your sister share the same birthday. I hope you enjoy your dustbusters:)
Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day, now I wish I shared my birthday with my sister, how fun!
Post a Comment