Friday, June 5, 2009

A little jealous and also entertained, and probably stepping on a few toes.

We fly out to Utah tomorrow morning. I am awaiting the Logan meister to awake from his nap at any moment, so I have been blog hopping. I need to say that I am jealous of Utah's sweet couponing deals. There just aren't the stores out here, or the mom networks to make couponing the booming business it is back home. Yet, at the same time I smile. I've seen several posts, my family member's included, which show-case the coupon spoils. Ladies, I smile when I see things like 45 boxes of pasta salad mix or 20 canisters of KoolAid. I know, I know, food storage, but smiling helps my jealousy to wane, because I doubt any family has actually calculated the time it will take them to willingly eat all that pasta and kool aid. Still, good deals are hard to pass up, especially when more purchased equals less spent. I don't want huffy comments, I just want you to smile at the thought of how much sugar your kids will have consumed by drinking kool aid every day until they're 19. It's a joke, don't get offended.

3 comments:

Avree said...

I'm not offended...probably because I'm no good at couponing. The ladies in my ward are into buying like 10 Sunday newspapers to get tons of coupons but I'm just too lazy for that. Also, the stuff I buy at the store is usually pretty basic and the coupons are usually for fancier things, such as boxed pasta salads. If I bought 50 pasta salads I wouldn't really be saving money because I don't normally buy boxed pasta salad...or Kool-Aid for the matter.

I'm excited for you to get here!

Cara said...

I was just about to say the same thing as my sis... I don't really get too jealous of the huge savings because they get things I would never buy either. I love this post because it's exactly how I feel. I think it's a fun hobby for some people though. Our hobby just happens to be nutrition :)

Melissa said...

I also seen all the couponing and think its funny as well. Really??? When is the last time you went to the store and thought 45 boxes of pasta salad mix is just what I need! Hahaha