Friday, May 29, 2009

Guess what I made today.


This pregnancy has left me craving strawberries so today I made strawberry freezer jam; 15 8-ounce containers to be precise. Easiest thing ever: strawberries from Costco+freezer jam version of pectin+splenda or sugar= 2 batches of tasty jam in an hour. I feel so domestic, and a little bit like Joey from friends (I may have eaten some jam with a spoon.)

6 comments:

Elena Loo said...

man - you are amazing! home made Pizza, and jam!! I bet its delicious.

Cara said...

I made freezer jam last year and was amazed at how easy it was! If I could do it, it had to be easy. Did you try it with Splenda? I want to know how it tasted because I was amazed at how much sugar went into jam when I made it. The strawberries are really there just to color the sugar red! Let me know on my blog how the Splenda worked. Thanks and good job!

Avree said...

Freezer jam sounds good to me too, even though I'm not pregnant (thank goodness!) Good job! You'll have to let my nerdy dietitian sister know about the Splenda, she and I have been talking about making jam this summer.

Avree said...

P.S. Matt was posing for the table picture, he isn't usually so studious about the Ensign. But I'll tell him you're impressed with how spiritual he is, I think that's what he was going for.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Love freezer jam. I don't like store bought strawberry jam at all now and like you said it is so easy. They make a pectin now that requires like only half of the sugar that the regular stuff does if you want it to be less sugar. I am also a fan of the liquid pectin. I love that episode of friends.

marni said...

i made that last year for andrew. i was also pregnant at the time. ha! i also was amazed at how easy it was. who knew?!