Thursday, July 1, 2010

Changes.

Change #1: It was ridiculously past-due. We needed to add Eli to our blog picture. My mom was the photographer (she rocks at it). More of our pics to come. Also, it's really hard to get kids and a husband to look at a camera and smile at the same time.

Change #2: We are living in San Antonio now, it's awesome! It's hot and as humid as a sauna, but beautiful. We have a palm tree in our backyard.....oh yeah, we HAVE a backyard! It's fenced, has grass, and a hole in the cement patio for our beach umbrella. The house is amazing. 2300 sq. feet, bamboo flooring, 2 airconditioning units, 2 car garage, enormous tub for me, disgustingly huge (could be a bedroom) closet (who needs that?) huge kitchen, granite counters....blah blah blah. It's especially amazing to me, considering what our Maryland house was (blech). It's even more amazing that Seth's TDY pay includes rent and utilities! Enjoy the journey, right? Texans are equally as awesome.

Change #3: Undies. Frog Potty is getting a lot of use these days! Logan has clicked into the "I get candy if I pee in the potty" idea. I hope it's a sustainable motivation. He began and ended the day today in the SAME PAIR of elmo "undies." Yesterday was not so good. I am so happy! He keeps saying "oh gross, where's the poop?" It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up each time he says it, until I realize he's teasing me.

Change #4: Eli is crawling!!!!!!! He also has 6 teeth and number 7 is going to be here any day now. I get the "nursing sweats" every time I feed him. His teeth make me scared, it's like nursing a shark.....in fact, jaws music plays in my head while I nurse. He has a history of biting me....repeatedly. He also weighs 25 pounds now. He is 8 months old, and as sweet as they come!

Now it's time for mom to sleep!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Yay for Texas! We are about 6 hours from you....Love the picture!

Meagan said...

You do have lots of changes. I am so glad that you have a nice home in Texas and have a backyard, that makes life so nice. Cute picture too. Your mom does do a great job. Your boys are so cute, Logan looks so big and grown up.

Kerry and Dave said...

Oh, you are such a trooper to keep nursing with 7 teeth! And I'm so glad you finally posted! I've been looking and waiting for the Farnsworth update! Your mom did do a fantastic job; love the new pic!

Heidi and Jack said...

It is great to see that you all made it to Texas safe and sound. Sounds like you will all fit right in with the locals. By the looks of it, Eli will be riding a bull soon enough! :)

The Cassity's said...

Hey, that is wonderful. I am a little jealous that I don't get to live in Texas. I have heard the people are wonderful.