Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I hope someone is enjoying my tire!


I have imagined the "what ifs" all day today. What if I hadn't left this morning? What if I had come home earlier and caught the thief in the act? I like to imagine that I would have chased the little punk down, tackled him, and then inadvertantly injured his wafy- emo/skater-thieving BUTT........I am stereotyping, and coincidentally, on occasion we have the above mentioned in our parking lot.

Every morning I head out for a walk, same time, every day, VERY predictable. However, today Avree couldn't go walking, so I went to the DownEast tent sale instead. I left at the SAME TIME that I leave every morning. I didn't stay very long. When I left, my front bike tire was where it should be (on my bike). When I returned, my bike had been turned into an amputee. My bike is a "ksl" bike that I bought from an old lady. This should indicate to all of you that it is NOT super nice. Humble would be more like it, but I do keep it locked up. It's functional too, and something that is MINE and that I enjoy RIDING. It was mine and Logan's fun little activity: me on the bike, and him in his trailer.

Note: my tire was not the quick release kind. The crook had to use a wrench to get the stubborn nuts off to take the tire. P.S. he/she also kept one of the brake pads. Which steeps my inherent paranoia. Now I think that someone "scoped me out" and knew that I leave at the same time each morning and that there would be sufficient time to remove the tire. CREEPY. Our deck is now the current place of dwelling for our bikes; no more play place for Logan. Oh I am so MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

The Garfields said...

AHHHHH that sucks. but this reminds of a funny story about people ripping off other people's bikes. I used to work at a Mexican resteraunt so ofcourse my boss was mexican. (and I'm not stereotyping either) Well his 6 year old son showed up with a new bike. and I was like " COOL BIKE, IS IT NEW?" then he replied, "Yes, it's new, my dad found it at the park"
I am sad to see someone got yours : (

Patty Girl said...

What is wrong with people? We had a similar thievery happen to us except they stole only our tires from our bikes and left us with just bike frames. I am not sure which is worse. Unfortunately, they were special fit tires and not worth the cost of replacing them. It's a real shame that the thief had such a lame life that they were scouting out when to steal some nice girl's little old bike. Pathetic!

Tyler said...

That is CRAPPY. I can't believe people these days, that is just RUDE. I am sorry that you have a CREEPY THIEF, I hope he/she hasn't been watching you, that is CREEPY to me.

Tyler said...

By the Way that last comment was from Meagan, not Tyler, I was just logged in under his name

Carly said...

I hate that! People are so ridiculous. I know how you feel. I felt so violated when someone went into our backyard and stole all of my flower pots. We can only hope that good old karma pulls through for us. I'm sorry!

Melissa said...

Funny picture! Not so funny that someone stole you bike. :(

Brad and Darci said...

Sorry about your bike- what a wierdo whoever took it! Hope that you and logan can find something else fun to do!

Avree said...

I already heard this story from you but reading it made me even madder. What kind of lame person does that?! Maybe one day you should leave your bike out again and then instead of going walking you and I can stake out your parking lot and catch the little girl-pant-wearing bike thief!

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

Somewhere in South Ogden there is a very happy unicycle rider. He should watch his back though if you and Avree are going to start up a neighborhood watch.

The Cassity's said...

What a sleeze ball!!!! By the way, after my many years of working in a bike shop, you are suppose to hook the bike in with that u-clamp so it doesn't get stolen. What color is the bike? I am going to track down the person who is riding a bike without a front wheel.

Sterling said...

What a scum bag- whoever it was! That is the number one reason you should still live in Logan!
-Alex