Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Today was a day worth remembering......



Logan is almost 14 months old, and I can finally utter the cliches which have evaded my lips thus far: "Where has the time gone?" "He's growing up so fast." "My baby is such an angel, the days just fly by." I must confess that I have long been jealous of the blogs which profess that such infantile perfection exists. I do hope to enjoy my next baby's infanthood. He or she will not have reflux---I hope :) Logan has proven himself a very challenging child, but today was a wonderful exception from what has become our "norm" due to reflux, then mono, then some massive teething as of late.

Logan and I played together all day. He only cried TWO times! Once, when he fell off the couch while mom went to get his milk cup, and once when he needed his nap. We played games and laughed and rocked in our chair. He didn't even cry when he laid down for his nap. I just tucked him in and he smiled at me and then SLEPT for two hours.

We ate treats and colored, played with the fridge magnets, did some laundry, and washed his blankets. (wubbies :) He babbled and followed me all over the house. I made chocolate chip cookies, Logan must have smelled them because when I went to get him up from his nap he kept saying "ka ka ka " which is how he says, "cookie." He had a grand time throwing lunch on the floor and then enjoyed wallowing in chocolatey chip goodness.

I noticed by five o'clock that I was NOT sick of him yet. He did start whining a teeny weeny little bit and I thought, we are far from our orneriness quota; I can totally handle this. I felt so very strong.

We played and walked outside with his new monkey backpack leash. He played with rocks, dirt, sticks, etc etc. After dinner Seth and Logan and I went to a park where we all played and played.

The best part of our perfect day today was this: Logan was happy all day long; which is the best reward motherhood has to offer. :)

-I just can't get over how much fulfillment I got from seeing my HAPPY child, I guess that's the emotion those cliches are describing ;)

6 comments:

Maybury said...

thanks for finding me! Logan is darling! I am sorry about the mirena thing. Mine isn't working as well as I want it too. I will have to keep an eye out for flu like symptoms! Oh and by the way Seth has the same birthday as me! Funny huh?

DeeAura said...

Kara, I have to say I do envy where you are right now. (I know, I know. You're about to tell me it's been no walk in the park...and stuff...) But I'm just saying. :) He's the cutest little guy, and he IS growing up so fast!!! That picture is so cute I might throw up, and that day you just described is the perfect mommy day, I think. :) Miss you, Kara! I hope you have millions more days like this one was. :)

Melissa said...

That's awesome! I know you've really struggled with him so I'm really glad to hear that all is going so well. :) I REALLY LOVE THAT PICTURE TOO! You need to blow it up and frame it on your wall!

Cara said...

What a nice day! I'm so glad your little guy is doing so well. I hate to say it, but, with most kids it seems like you are going through one thing after another too.. with Marin it started with her not breastfeeding, OR eating period, dropping weight percentiles, then progressed to teething, throwing up, constipation, more throwing up, ear infections, fevers, tantrums, potty training, binky weaning, bottle weaning, etc. I think it's that way with all kids, even the easy ones :) Hopefully we as parents mellow a little and they become easier. I'll be praying that you don't get another one with reflux though, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!

Patty Girl said...

I think Logan is so darling! I only saw the good bits apparently. You should email me your home address so I can send you an Halloween party invite, if you are interested in coming that is. makasa84@hotmail.com
Hopefully I hear from you soon!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Yeah! I am SO glad for you...being a mommy is the best!