
I have had the mirena IUD since February of this year. Some of you may think "tmi" why are you telling this to the blogging world? Well, I had it removed today, but not because I wanted to. I woke up Friday morning with "flu-like" achy muscles. I figured I must have pulled something whilst carrying or lifting the big bubby. Logan and I went out for walk like we do EVERY morning. I started to feel really crappy, and then I started to get all crampy and labory, down there. Avree can attest, I made her end the walk early, and I just kept chanting, "don't puke, don't puke."
By the time I drove home I had tunnel vision, chills, and a high fever. The fever went away a long while after taking 800 mg of ibuprofen.
I always hesitate to go to the doctor for fear that I am over reacting; I don't ever want to be a hypochondriac. I thought I might have mono now, since Logan had it about a month ago. I decided to wait it out. Things just got increasingly more uncomfortable. It got quite painful, still MILES away from labor pain. It was kind of a stabbing pinch and heaviness. I went into Instacare, and they removed my Mirena. (Side note: there is a Josh Groban song "mi morena" that will ALWAYS remind me of my IUD). Apparently it shifted or the strings moved, and it just "didn't work for my body." I hate that it lasted 7 months before it decided to reject me. It really was great, and I am really mad that I don't get to use it anymore. I REALLY DON't WANT a baby! The pills didn't work for me, so now I guess, I will decide what to do from here. I made the comment to the doctor that I was sorry and that this was not how I wanted to spend my Saturday. He said "me either!" Poor guy. :)
8 comments:
Hi Kara, it's Tiff! Wow it has been a long time! I am sorry you had a similar experience to mine with the whole c-section thing. Sorry about the iud too. hope this isn't tmi...have you tried the nuva ring? i love it and pills didn't work for me either. Well your boy is super cute! Let's keep in touch!
My morena was painful the whole time I had it in. I ended up having it taken out. I just figured at that point that I had been on 7 different forms of birth control and none of them worked for me, so it was Matt's turn. Let the man have a turn to be in charge of the birth control. As long as Seth doesn't get deployed again, it would be okay to have one more. He is a cute baby after his collic resolved.
I am sorry that you had it taken out if that is what you liked. I had it in also and I ABSOLUTELY HATED IT. I had mine removed as well. THat is crappy that you got that sick from it, I have heard some bad stories about the IUD lately. Sorry that is how you spent your Saturday.
I guess the only option now is abstinence. Ha Ha just kidding! Do you remember learning about different forms of birth control in physiology? Maybe you could try the sheep cecum. That worked well for ancient people...just an idea :)
Kara. First of all, I'm really so genuinely sorry you went through all that pain! NOT a fun way to spend your Saturday, I'm sure. (I'm sorry...I have no personal experience with with my very own morena...) But on a side note, I laughed out loud at your friend who said abstinence was the only remaining option.
But she has a point. Works great for me. :) Bwahahah.
Oh my gosh how awful! I'm so sorry Kara. I heard for the longest time that the mirena was great and lately I've heard terrible things about it. That's such a bummer that you had to have it taken out. I'm glad you'll be feeling better though. Love ya.
Hey you know Kristy Ashworth and she has your blog and I clicked on the wrong one by accident and instead of getting away from it as I should have probably (appologies) I stopped when I saw your IUD picture :) I am glad to know that I am not the only person in the world that the IUD didn't work for however I found out a month after I had it put in because I got pregnant (5 months after my 1st born) It was a long bad situation the poor baby died and I wish that I had heard someone elses story before I went through all of that.
Dear Kara,
Wow its really funny to read about everybody's experience with a morena IDU. Until I read your blog I had never heard of it before. But I think I have an idea now. We use sheep cecum here in Mississippi. ;)
Post a Comment