Saturday, January 3, 2009

Chesapeake Bay




Today we decided to do a little exploring. We went to Sandy point State Park which is on the East Coast of MD on the Chesapeake Bay. It was awesome! We finally got to see something besides trees. It looked very much like the ocean, even though it was actually the bay we were seeing. There were waves and seagulls and shells and sand, good enough for me. As soon as Logan got out of the car he started saying "wawa, wawa, bubbos." He just kept saying it. He ran full speed towards the water and would have dived in if we had let him.

It felt like it was about 15 degrees though with the wind and humidity, so we didn't linger very long. Logan was completely devastated when it was time to go, so we bribed him with hot chocolate. He got really interested in it and whispered "coco" and then drank it so fast his eyes watered. Oh, man I love that kid!.....After the arctic beach, we drove into the historic part of Annapolis. Which is also very very awesome. All of the buildings are from the 1600 and 1700's with really narrow Europe-esque streets. There was a tiny section of the road that was still the old time cobble stone. We don't have pics because it was too cold to walk around and there were lots of people. We decided we would visit again, when it is warmer.

Can you see how cold it was? I wanted this pic up, but Seth didn't......he was looking into the wind, bwa ha ha.




Please excuse my cone-headish hat. I could feel when these pictures were being taken that my hat was not on all the way. However, it was frigid and we were trying to take turbo speed pictures so we could get back inside the car. NOTE: I had to hold Logan back, he REALLY wanted to get in that water.

4 comments:

Katy and Rob Bodily said...

It sounds like you guys had a good
Christmas. That is so cool that you get to see all of these fun places on the East Coast. It sounds like Logan is very adventurous. Have a good 2009.

marni said...

you're so funny. miss you! *kiss kiss* ;)

Avree said...

It was so fun to see you when you came out, but it wasn't long enough! I'm hoping you'll come out this Summer and we could take our kids swimming or something. The beach/bay looks like fun, Logan cracks me up! I'll call you soon, sorry it's taken me so long, things have been crazy lately.

Patty Girl said...

It did look super freezing that day so it is hilarious that Logan still wanted to get in the water. I bet there are so many cool place to go out there. I'm jealous!