Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Vacation

I guess it's time to post again. The three of us spent Christmas in Utah with our families this year. We had a goal to be together as our little family and to also share Christmas with our extended families. This was the first Christmas we spent together with Logan and mommy and daddy. It felt great! A far cry from having daddy deployed overseas. Logan and I flew out to UT. on Dec. 13th to spend some extra time with excited grandparents.

Once again, Logan was fantastic through the 5 hour flight. I am so blessed. Once we got to SLC and he saw his grandparents, he started kicking his legs like crazy and smiling and laughing.

It snowed the day before we got to Utah and never stopped the whole time we were there. It was great to have a white Christmas. Seth didn't fly in until 7:30 pm on Christmas Eve night because he didn't have any leave built up yet, but we were together for the most important part of the holiday season.

Logan and my sisters and I got to make candy with my grandma and shop a lot. Logan was not a fan of the shopping part, and perfected his temper tantrums. He is now an expert "flopper" and he will flail all over the church, store, neighbors house, etc. like a fish out of water.....ahhhhh we are approaching the terrible twos! To be quite honest though, I can handle the worst of any old outburst, tantrum, etc. even the ones where he head-butts me and makes my nose bleed......BECAUSE his second year of life has been SO MUCH BETTER than his first year was! I can't believe how much easier life is with a toddler than it was with a baby!

We had an excellent Christmas and a great New Year's. We are back in good ole' MD again and are settling in for the long haul. Our Christmas pics were taken with cameras other than ours, thus we don't have any to post at this time. However...



Here is a shot of Logan, taken before we left for Utah. He is sporting his Christmas sweater. He so desperately wanted to take these ornaments off and play with them, correction, he did just that on numerous occasions. He knew he wasn't supposed to touch the tree and never would while Seth or I were in the room. However, atleast twice I found him with a guilty face and a number of shiny "baaas" tucked cleverly under his legs as he sat by the tree!

1 comment:

Katie-babe said...

It sure would have been nice to see you guys, but I guess you were way buisy. Glad you had fun.