Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The New Arrival!


Yesterday was a blessed day at our house. We welcomed our newest family member, a girl: "Betty Garmin-nuvi Farnsworth." She is such a blessing. YAY! We took her out on the town last night, AND, she was so reliable that I instantly fell in love. We also love that she only cost us $140.00 including tax, brand new, and shipping was free. Now I can drive down the tree-lined, winding, rat race-esque freeways without a care in the world. Some people say that technology complicates life, and that we need to get back to basics. I say, forget the old ways of maps and getting lost, Betty the GPS makes my life sweetly simplistic.

P.S. I have been living life as a hermit as I've been waiting for my garmin to arrive. Ironically though, since 3 days ago we only have one working car, and Seth drives it to work everyday. So, I am a hermit once more, a well-oriented hermit that is.

6 comments:

Stacie Marietti White said...

Kara!! This post made me laugh. I love my GPS. I can imagine the excitement with being in a different state and owning one. Sometimes I think I should go on a road trip just so I won't feel like such a dork using my GPS around Ogden....where I HAVE ALWAYS LIVED.

Carly said...

I'm so happy she finally came! That's so awesome. I bet it's really helpful. It's hard driving where there's no mountains to use as a guide. Happy driving!

Avree said...

Congrats on the newest member of your family! I hope you and the little one are doing well! I want to get a GPS but I don't think I could justify it in Logan, UT.

Kerry and Dave said...

Welcome, Betty! I hope Betty helps you explore the many wonders of Maryland and the vicinity :)

Katie-babe said...

Hey, tell Seth I want an invite to his blog. Why do you have 2 dif. one's? I don't have your # any more. Josh and I got new phones (# is still the same) and I hadn't saved your number to my sims card. So, give me a call and we can talk about the cards for kids and update other things. Miss you babe!! Call any time.

Katie

Trevor + Tiffany said...

Congrats on the new member! Hope I have one like that if I ever move out of state :) Don't feel bad about the hermit thing...I have 2 cars sitting here and still don't get out much:(