This blog post is for my mom and for me to show off a bit of craftiness-a bit is all however. Whilst in Utah, my mom "helped" me make curtains for the dining room windows. I say "helped" because she really did most of the sewing. I cut, she coached; I cautiously chugged along one valance and she zipped the rest out with perfectly straight stitches. I thought the sewing machine was going to blow up from the sheer speed she used, and it would've taken me a week to complete the project that my mom whipped up. I am pretty sure she could've loaded the dishwasher, dryer, and made dinner at the same time.
If you recall, the rental curtains were disgusting wisps of lace that provided zero privacy in our very tightly spaced neighborhood. Plus, I always felt creepy having dinner while staring at the neighbor's house. Then one day I watched them hang curtains and decided that I needed to do the same. I didn't want to buy cafe curtains, because you see, the ones I chose were more than my cheap heart would have ever paid. P.S. I really wanted the cute little cafe curtains. I checked out a couple options online and on sale, but I liked this fabric better and it was cheaper.
So here they are in their lovely and functional glory. My cafe curtains. Thanks mom!
4 comments:
Very cute! We had that style in the kitchen of our last house (as I'm sure you know) and I loved them. Looks like you're making that house very classy, or "sissyfying" it as Matt would say.
Those are great!!! Hahha...I love that your neighbors put them up first. Heeheheehee. :)
Really though. They're cute! Good job!
Cute curtains and I love my TomTom. It doesn't cost us a thing each month. I'll give you a call later.
Kara!!
I love that you're stalking my blog! Feel free! I haven't been doing this blogging thing for very long so I probably wouldn't have even noticed you were looking! But I'm glad you said something so we can keep in touch! Your Logan is so cute! It's a fun age and I'm loving it! How's life? How did you end up clear over there so far from good old North Ogden?
Post a Comment