I must clarify. My Eli is NOT a screamer. I love him. He is sweet and cute, but he gets heartburn. He screams when the acid burns his throat, and I can hear it splashing up and it chokes him. He gets an occasional hoarse little voice and milk comes out of his nose, a lot. He has also been having a hard time with feedings and fighting them and such. That's why he is getting prevacid. It's already making a difference. I didn't think to put him on it until the doctor suggested that "just because he's not a nightmare child, doesn't mean the reflux isn't hurting him."
"Oh," thought I, "he sure is handling this reflux thing in an entirely different fashion than his brother."
Eli went to sleep before 1 am last night! YAY! Then he was up at 2 and couldn't breathe. We're off to the doctor again this afternoon because I think Eli has croup! Yay for January.
6 comments:
Dang. I'm glad the prevacid is working though. I hope Eli gets over his croup soon!
oh dear!! my little baby just got over the croup. yuck. And yeah that prevacid is working!
You have two little boys. And you're still eternally funny. Sometimes I miss you. That is all. :)
He needs his grandma to hold him and cuddle him :)
You poor girl. I'm sorry its been rough. We do want to see you guys again soon. So let us know when we can come say hi!
Two babies with reflux? Yikes! At least he can take the prevacid and not be in pain. Then the croup on top of it can't be fun. Boo winter sickness!
Post a Comment