Monday, August 31, 2009

Little People



On our last visit to Utah, Logan fell in love with Grandma's array of Little People play things. Both grandma's have them in fact, so I thought I'd get Logan some of his own. BUT, the new little people stuff is LAME and expensive! The current house makes all sorts of sounds (horrible toys make noise) and they are huge and annoying. So I found this old little people house JUST like mine when I was a kid, on ebay for $4.99.

I tried to buy some old time little people to go inside the house and almost choked on my huge gasp. Apparently there are vintage little people collectors and some of those old toys were going for $5.00 for each little person......also LAME.

I did some blog searching and found this idea on chasingcheerios.blogspot.com. I have been dying for a reason to make a miniature me and fam, but since I only have boys, there was no reason. Then, enter little people house and, voila----here we all are, miniaturized!


Top room: Seth, me, Logan (mini Seth), and baby Eli (who keeps getting mysterioulsy hidden on the toy shelf)

Bottom room: Makenna, Kami, my Dad (Pappa), my Mom (gamma), my Grandma (G-G-ma)

Seth's Dad (Gappa) his trademark is large Hawaiian print shirts, Seth's mom (gamma), and Logan's beloved cousin Abbie (Avvie). I hear him periodically whispering "Avvie, Avvie" under his breath.

P.S. Logan loves these "peepos" I had to sneak them to take this picture and I probably won't be able to touch them again for a long time. I love to hear him as he plays, "Pappa, no ! " "Weeee, gamma!"...as they go flying out the house window.

6 comments:

The Johnsons' said...

Those are so cute!!! I'm very glad that I still look youg and skinny! Those are way better than the originals.

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

How cute! Did you make all those people? That is quite impressive! What a fun project and toy for him.

Kylee said...

Kara! Those are so blasted cute! I'm definitely going to be making a trip to Michael's to copy your idea. Please keep sending me all of your cute ideas! Hope you are feeling good...your getting closer and closer! :) Love you!

Stacie Marietti White said...

That is so cute!! What a fun idea. I would never think to do something like that. That is funny that the baby is mysteriously hidden on the toy shelf.

The Wimmer 5 said...

I love them. And the likenesses are uncanny. Good work. You're such a cute mom. I miss you.

Kerry and Dave said...

You are so domestic! How totally cute! And, on a side note.... I must go to the CP. It has been entirely too long!