Saturday, August 22, 2009

Our newest addition.

No, the baby has not arrived early, nor will it arrive for another 12 weeks. Someone asked me today if the doctor is "sure there's only one in there....." the person wasn't joking either. So, there you go, you can imagine what I look like. The baby is healthy and we are having an ultrasound in two weeks because the doc wants to get a handle on how big my "monster baby-doctor's own words" is right now..... I guess I'm just meant to have strapping young lads.

Here's the real reason for posting. We've been needing a second car seeing as our beloved 1995 Nissan Sentra wouldn't pass Maryland's safety inspection, AND we needed more space and car seat latches.

Meet the new addition: The Outback. Seth found it in Fairfax Virginia, so we headed out and picked it up today. It is used, but new to us and very clean and well-kept. It has 81K miles and is an '02; so you really can't beat that. Plus it was $7,000-something from the east coast that we could actually afford! I'm very excited at the thought of the car seat latches and just a safer, reliable, mom car.

5 comments:

Carly said...

Nice!!

Avree said...

How fun! Matt and I looked into the cash-for-clunkers but new cars are so dang expensive. I love outbacks! Don't worry about people asking if you're having twins. The older ladies in my last ward would always say they couldn't believe I wasn't having twins, I always wanted to say, "why would you think that? Is it because my stomach is abnormally large?" Oh well, better to have a "strapping lad" than a sickly skinny thing.

Meagan said...

Thats a great deal and a nice looking car!!! Looks like a fun mom car. Isn't it fun getting comments like that about your pregnant body? I am sure you look so cute, you did with Logan. It is getting so close, its fun having 2 kids, you will love it.

Kerry and Dave said...

Okay, I am totally impressed that you shopped, bought and picked up a car all in one day! Can't wait to see the new addition, car seat latches and all!

Melissa said...

Sweet! Now you'll fit right in with those Easterners! J/K! Looks like fun! :)