

Second of all: To everyone's astonishment, Eli is scooting around, and he's not even 6 months old yet! Today he rolled from front to back for the first time. He used to get stuck on his tummy, but today he figured out how to roll back and forth and how to use his huge legs to power-scoot. We figured (due to his size 24#-ish-the keen reader will put his age and weight together and gasp), that he would take longer to crawl than Logan did. Logan crawled at 8 months BUT he was way too impatient and would freak out if he was on the floor (or anywhere really) for very long.
Eli's patience is paying off and he's learning how to get around. Man, I'd better start baby-proofing.
Third of all: As per today's appointment, the doctor thinks Eli's hernias are closing up on their own. In fact, she didn't even have us schedule a follow-up! Yay! This means that (so far) he won't need any surgery. YES!!!!! I practically skipped out of Hopkins, in fact I did. I pretended I was showing Logan how to skip, but really I was gleefully celebrating. It was great feeling. We arrived at Hopkins in a life-flight helicopter, and 6 months later we (I) skipped out and drove home.
Fourth of all: how blessed are we? We live near the best pediatric urology department in the WORLD. The WORLD, wow. I was so impressed by our doctor. She went to Tuft's medical school and then did residency at the Mayo clinic.....wow. I was, and still am, star struck.
If Eli does end up needing surgery, I think I would seriously fly from San Antonio to Baltimore and stay with the Strom's to have his surgery at Hopkins. (Assuming the Strom's were cool with that)
3 comments:
Or you could move back to Utah and come to Primary Children's and see our wicked awesome pediatric urologists! :) Just sayin'. So glad everything is going well for Eli in that department...and others. Love your cute boys. I should have a cute boy in roughly 12 days.... Yay!
Oh I'm so glad! It sounds so awful to have a baby that young have to get surgery, I bet that is such a relief! Cute pictures, but I do think they kind of look alike, just not their coloring.
So, there would be one small advantage to Eli having surgery then, wouldn't there? :) And yes, our guest room (or rather the Dozier's guest room since we don't own a darn thing!) is always open! But seriously, that is great news about your little Mr. Eli. Yeah for you!!!!! Speaking of Eli, so when is he going to make it on the "family picture" of your blog?
Post a Comment