Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear Everyone.

It's late and I feel like patting myself on the back.
Ahem, today (and yesterday, and for the past week in fact), the scale has revealed that I am 43 pounds lighter than the day I delivered Eli.

Yeah!!!!! That's right, it's been 5 months and I am already down to my last 10 pounds. I haven't even really had to do anything, it has just fallen off. NOT.

I: put myself on a meal plan (R.D. credential coming in handy), go to the gym every Tues, Thurs, and Sat, and pilates it up on Mon, Wed, Fri.

So there you have it. I'm literally working my butt off.

P.S. It's really hard to lose weight.

P.P.S. It's also not impossible. But wish me luck with this weekend of cadbury eggs and m&m's.

7 comments:

Carly said...

Wow! Way to go! You're incredible....

Cara said...

Wow that is great! Good for you. 5 months is FAST! I can beat that though... he he, only because I put on an INSANE amount of weight every time I get pregnant and at the end most of it is water. I lost 30 lbs in 2 weeks with both of my girls. But don't worry, I still had 25 more to go! That really is quite the accomplishment for you though. Nothing like the old fashioned "eat less and exercise" method, right? It's hard though. Maybe it gives us more empathy as dietitians. :)

Avree said...

Woohoo! That is amazing! I think it took me about a year to lose that amount of weight. Way to literally work your but off! :)

P.S. I want to hear about Texas! Call me when you're not busy! (I'm having you call me because I'm never busy)

Kerry and Dave said...

You look great! Too bad I think I gained 43# after eating that yummy dessert!

Stacie Marietti White said...

That is awesome! I am glad you didn't say it just flew off without working hard.

Holly said...

Awesome Kara, that has to feel so good! I still am working my butt off on getting the weight off from my first child!!

rupee40 said...

Yipee! Way to go, that is always a great feeling!