Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Captured.

We are proud to announce the capture of a mouse. A little teeny mouse with beedy little eyes no longer resides in my basement/laundry room. Yesss. We are actively looking to capture more.

In other news, we received a phone call from our renter's agent stating that she found the necessary paperwork which forces our landlord to pay for a mice extermination. We will also be getting a general bug spray. Hooray!

Before we moved from Ogden, I had to sign our current lease agreement. I read every single line, every clause. I felt uneasy about one item. Extermination. The lease agreement stated that the renter would pay for a general extermination, once a year. I had a feeling that this hadn't been done for a long time, and that we could be moving into a problem that we would then be contracted to fix at our expense. After some annoyance and delay, our agent had our landlord sign an agreement to exterminate. Perfect.

It never happened, however and once our problem arose, he denied his agreement.

He has to exterminate now! Someone was watching out for us.


Lesson learned: ALWAYS listen to those little feelings that inspire you to do things that you can't quite make sense of at the time.

7 comments:

Carly said...

I'm so glad you caught that little bugger. And that you made sure your landlord signed that extermination agreement!!! Phew....I'm glad that mess is mostly over.

The Rigbys said...

Yay! What good news! Way to listen to the spirit!

Melissa said...

Hooray for mouse catching!! It sucks to live in a place with all that mess. I feel for you, but I'm glad you got the mice problem taken care of!

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

One down how many to go?

Avree said...

Congrats on your capture! I remember discussing the "extermination clause" on our walks last summer, good job!

P.S. I like your picture up top, did you get new family pictures? If so, post more :)

Cara said...

Oh my gosh I would be totally freaking out! I have an irrational fear of mice. Hooray for getting exterminated soon. What a creepy landlord!

BD said...

Listening to that little voice makes all the difference in the world to our happiness. Every time I don't, it's a disaster. Love you. Mom