1ST BORN
Here you go mommies- a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born!
1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes, He was born 2 weeks shy of 2 our year anniversary.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Didn't believe it, still didn't until I saw the ultrasound, I felt completely normal.
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU? No, why is this even a question, I'm pretty sure this tag is a Mormon-girl creation.
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I took a home pregnancy test, it had 2 pink lines.
7. WHO DID YOU FIRST TELL? Seth's mom figured it out, and then the info slowly leaked to the rest of the family. We told my family in a Christmas card on Christmas morning. It was a Christmas card that was meant to hold a gift-card. After all the gifts were opened I acted like I had forgotten one for my mom. The card said "Something special is coming your way." Inside was the peanut-ultraound pic.
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes, I couldn’t stand waiting.
9. DUE DATE? 08/01/07
10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Nope. nausea at: the thought of eating green vegetables, and Seth's breath-from across the room
11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Red MEAT. This craving continued for 3 months after his birth. Today I have no desire to eat the steak that I once loved.
12.WHAT IRRITATED YOU? Seth.
13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? A bouncing baby boy.
14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Yes, I wanted a girl, I only have sisters. I was completely thrown when we found out it was a boy. As soon as I held him it was all over, I would like another little boy.
15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 40.....yep, I used to pack a small survival kit and head downstairs for the day. I got winded whenever I had to climb upstairs.
16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes. more than one.
17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about it.
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? perfect pregnancy. Easy Easy Easy.
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Logan Regional Hospital
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 22
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Seth
22. DID YOUR WATER BREAK NATURALLY? Nope
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C-Section
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Oh come on. YES. Let's see Fentanyl, epidural, morphine, and something during surgery that resulted in double vision and music in my head. Then a lot of percocet, then a lot of lortab......I can see why some people like to get high. I however, LOATHE the fuzzy feeling that narcotics leave you with.
25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8 lbs 2 oz
26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 8/02/07
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Logan Tad Farnsworth
28. BIGGEST SURPRISE DURING CHILDBIRTH? Nurses, then doctor saying "something's not right...." the rest is blurry and was incredibly traumatizing. NOT what I expected AT ALL. I never imagined that I would feel relief at being strapped to an operating table, that is the clearest memory I have of his birth.
29. GREATEST MEMORY ABOUT CHILDBIRTH? No great memories here, just complete relief when it was over and I heard him cry.
30. DID YOU BREASTFEED? No. He wouldn't do it, tried all the tricks, nothing worked, kid screamed for 6 months. Didn't work out that time around. I will breastfeed the next kiddo though.
That left off on an undesirable yet honest note. I will now add a #31. Do you want to be a mother again? Yes, I have faith that no two babies are exactly alike, I am thrilled with my son. He is amazing, and I can't believe how much capacity I have to love him! I didn't love my experience with my first baby, but things are always less stressful after you've experienced them before. Life is really good at our house with an energetic almost-19 month old boy.
That left off on an undesirable yet honest note. I will now add a #31. Do you want to be a mother again? Yes, I have faith that no two babies are exactly alike, I am thrilled with my son. He is amazing, and I can't believe how much capacity I have to love him! I didn't love my experience with my first baby, but things are always less stressful after you've experienced them before. Life is really good at our house with an energetic almost-19 month old boy.
8 comments:
Kara! I'm glad you found me. I liked this tag too. I liked the last question you added. It's fun to look back. Your Logan is a cutie.
that was fun to read. and i can vouch for the no two babies are alike comment. also, the second time around seems a lot easier cause you kind of know what the heck you're doing a little better. but they definitely still have their moments. like right at this second, grant is screaming. and he only has a "loud" button. :)
So what was it that surprised you during your pregnancy? You said that the doctor said, "Something is not right," and then you were out. So what happened? Why did you have to have a c-section. I didn't get nauseated with my first pregnancy but I did with my second. I guess every baby is different. I hope you get a girl, they are great!
that was great to get to know your story better. yay for cute kids. :)
I have lots of good memories of your pregnancy...watching Oprah each afternoon, excercising at the field house, making chocolate bran muffins. Your pregnancy was a breeze for me! :)
I thought this tag was fun and good to get to know your story better. I hope you get feeling better soon!
Fun to read your thoughts about pregnancy...let's hope that #2 birth for you goes better! (and for me, too, because if I break another bone, no more children for me! lol)
Kara, thanks for letting me bring Brady over before you left. I will add you to my blog. Hope to see you again soon.
Post a Comment