Saturday, February 7, 2009

Tub crayons and shelves.






Logan got a package in the mail from his Grandma Johnson. Inside it were cookies and tub crayons. The perfect combination for a happy little boy. He got very excited and held a cookie in each hand as he told me "stuck, stuck!" because his crayons were still in their packaging. Aunt Kami gave him tub crayons for Christmas; they lived a long full life, but there were only tiny nubs left after using them every night. Logan is happy once again; here is his bathtub mural. We also got a bookshelf and baskets at Ikea today to house the "toy cancer" which was spreading its way throughout the house. Ahhhh, a place for everything (until Logan aquires more toys).

7 comments:

Kerry and Dave said...

I love the new Ikea purchase! And I love the barn on top :)

Avree said...

When Spencer's older I'm definitely going to get him some bath crayons, that looks so fun! And I love the ikea shelves, way to be organized and cute!

The Johnsons' said...

Nothing is too good for my little boy!! Besides how can I resist such a cute little face

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Kara--this is Melissa used to be Cairns from high school. Remember me? So I was reading Lori's blogstocking post and saw your name and clicked on it thinking I knew a Kara Johnson. Your little boy is adorable and guess what we have a little boy named Logan as well. Anyway hope you don't mind me stocking your blog now. Hope all is well for you guys. I love the Ikea book shelf and bath toys by the way.

The Rigbys said...

Your little boy is adorable! I've got to get mt daughter those tub crayons! Thanks for finding me on blogger. This is great! I miss you Kara and your sense of humor. You always know how to make me laugh and brighten my day!

Trevor + Tiffany said...

Don't you LOVE tub crayons? I am thankful Tyson's are gone, it killed my back srubbing all that off! You think I am heartless now...you just wait ;) But it was a fun way for him to get into learning his ABC's!!
P.S. Logan's blonde hair is ardorable:)

Ben and Melissa Ellis said...

Thanks so much for all of your advice. The most frustratig thing with the milk is that is hard to detect Logan now has a cold so hard to know if giving him other dairy makes it worse or not. We are hoping we can get him over this cold so that we can have a clean slate to experiment. Is it bad to warm up milk or soy milk? Figured you would know if it killed any of the nutrition or things like that. I have read people say don't do it cause microwaving can leave hot spots but that is another Logan querk. To get him off formula we had to warm up his milk. We have tried to gradually get it colder and colder but he really just likes it warm. Silly kid. You got me motivated to try this weaning thing. I have been wanting to do it but just haven't committed to it and that is the biggest part. We have had a hard time getting Logan to take sippy cups at all. We are going to try a few new kinds and see if he likes those before we give up hope again. How long you guys been in Maryland by the way?