I will start with this: I am very thankful for the events that have transpired in this past year. We have been so blessed with our new little addition, a reliable job, and much happiness.
I am especially grateful to my mom and Seth's mom for helping us out (immensly) by coming out to Maryland to help us transition into life with 2 kids.
We spent this Thanksgiving dinner with friends (for which I am also very grateful). The dinner was nice, as was the company, but then the part that "we'll remember" happened.
At 7 on Thanksgiving night I got a headache, then my back started aching. We went home, I took tylenol, then a percocet and went to sleep. By 6 a.m. I was in the Emergency Room delirious with a fever, shaking, and throwing up . I've NEVER been so sick in my entire life. I will not be eating Thanksgiving dinner ever again.
Diagnosis? I received 2 liters of I.V. fluids for dehydration, drugs for my fever, drugs for mastitis, and......I was told I had a 'virus.' I was sick for about 2 days, I think it was food poisoning. Stupid turkey.
9 comments:
I'm so sorry. I've had similar experience with other food, but not nearly as bad. It was once my favorite food and it's been years and I still can't get myself to eat it.
I'd feel bad if I was the one who made the turkey. Hopefully it's no one that reads your blog...:)
Yeah for holiday sickness. I always get sick on either Thanksgiving or Christmas. I hate it because I can't anyone's food. Everyone gets offended because I don't eat their food. It sucks. Luckily I have never had to go to the ER.
Oh man, sounds like you had the Salmonella "virus"... or something like it. I'm so sorry, that's AWFUL. I'm so scared of eating other people's food. Ward parties are killer for me. Last Christmas I was supposed to cook a ham and I followed the directions they gave me, and when it was supposed to be done of course I tested it with a meat thermometer... well it was about 80 degrees. Right smack in the middle of the danger zone. Dick Whittier would have had a heart attack. It was pre-cooked ham so it's not like it was raw, but still, I snuck and microwaved all of our ham before my family ate it! Hope you can ever enjoy another Thanksgiving dinner!
That is too bad hopefully no else got sick. I hope you are doing better now.
That is horrible. I'm way sorry for you. And thanksgiving is not something you want to have a bad memory of. Maybe christmas will be better? Feel better!
Dang, what a way to wrap up Thanksgiving! I'm sorry you were so sick but glad you're over it now. I hope things are going well with the little one, give me a call when you get a minute and we'll chat!
Oh my heavens! I can't believe that! Just a virus? What kind of virus? you really think it was food poisoning? Did anyone else get sick? you'll have to give me all the gory details next time I see you. btw..... I'm thinking we can maybe work up to another nertz match post-holidays?
Congrats on a super cute little boy!! I wouldn't be too scared about thanksgiving dinner...my mom had mastitis and she said it was the worst, sickest feeling EVER. With both my kids I was terrified of getting it. I am so sorry you had to go through that. Hope all is well. Love the pics and Merry Christmas!!
Oh my heavens! You poor thing. That's awful.
On a different note, your family is darling and I miss you. Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment