Thursday, December 31, 2009

NO!

Logan prefers whining over any other method of communicating. I have to say "use your words," and he gets a really studious look on his face and then tells me what it is he has been bawling about. Today he didn't know what he wanted, he just wanted to cry. So I started naming off suggestions and he yelled "NO" to every single suggestion.

Me: Do you want lunch?
Buttface child: NO! scream scream whine
Me: Do you want to do playdough, take a bath, go out in the snow.....logical suggestions continued. I then decided that he was not even listening but was just yelling "NO!" and screaming for fun. So I tossed in a few good suggestions to test my theory
Me: Do you want to fly to the moon?
Buttface child: NO! kicky kicky scream scream
Me: Do you want to go to grandma's house? (because he isn't listening so why not suggest the impossible?)
Angelic sweet Logan: sniff sniff, dry eyes, yes, grandma's house!

He then began collecting his most beloved possessions so he could go to grandma's house. The conversation continued as such:

Angelic sweet Logan: (With gear in hands) Grandma's house!
Buttface mom: We'll go in a month, mom thought you never listen, but you proved her wrong. I'm sorry :)

Logan: NO! kick, scream, whine, bawl.........

4 comments:

marni said...

Holy crap. Unfortunately I can completely relate. Lilly has been like that for a while now. It sucks balls. She'll just sit and scream and cry. I try to ask her what's wrong and give her all kinds of suggestions as to what it could be. Finally, I ask if she wants some candy. The screaming miraculously stops. Then I tell her she can't have any candy because of the way she's been acting. Screaming continues. It's kind of funny now that I'm writing it, but not so much when it's happening. So I am sorry. If you figure out how to make it stop, let me know. I ask her when she's not going to be 3 anymore. Sometimes she tells me April...kids. :p

Ashley said...

That is so funny! It makes me feel a little better, too. I have a little buttface of my own..

Jennifer said...

LOVE this!!!

DeeAura said...

* laugh tears * Ooooeeee, I'm sorry...maybe you didn't mean for me to laugh...but...but the end? buttface kid becomes buttface mom...it's entirely your fault I'm laughing right now. ;)