Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Handy-Man

Since our deck is cleaned up now and we had such nice weather over the weekend, we all congregated on the deck. I was holding Logan so he could see over the side and he got too excited. He spit out his binky, and it landed on our neighbors cement patio a floor below us. I suggested that we knock on their door and ask for it back, but Seth would have none of that. He said my idea was no fun and that he had a better one. He and Kenna fashioned a fishing device out of some excess cable from when Comcast hooked our cable up, a piece of rope, and an S-hook from the bar that my kitchen utensils hang from. I had NO faith in his plan, but he told me that he would get it. It didn't take long and to his GREAT pleasure, Seth proved himself the handiest man on the planet.



Here he is with his captured Nuk pacifier.

5 comments:

Carly said...

Ha ha! That's so funny. It sound like something Kenny and his brothers would do. Way to go Seth. I'm super impressed! And I bet Logan is so happy!

Jill said...

now that is talent!!! way to go! i'm sure you will be hearing about that for a long time!

Avree said...

Impressive! I hope your neighbors were sitting in their living room and saw the fishing device pick up the binky, that would make the story better.

Cara said...

Woo-hoo Seth! I think he's a keeper.

DeeAura said...

AAAAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!! Kara, seriously. Think outside the box. C'mon! :) I just really hope your neighbors saw the whole thing. I know I would think I had awesome neighbors if I saw that.

Oh. Avree already basically said that. DANG it. I'm not even original when I'm funny?! Freak. Still. Funny. :)