Monday, April 7, 2008

The past three days, or so.

This weekend was General Conference, and it was definitely a different experience having BOTH a husband AND a baby! In October Seth was deployed, and Logan screamed through all of conference-so I don't have ANY memories from it. This one was nice, and like all the rest of moms across the world, I loved Elder Ballard's talk. It was a blessing that I got to hear it; we were at Seth's parent's place and the nieces were being their loud selves. Elder Ballard's was the ONLY talk I actually sat down and watched AND listened to. Wow, it really had an impact on me. I have been a mom for only 8 months, and I was doing it by concentrating on the "to do's" and WAS NOT living in the moment. I used to have MANY thoughts about how much better life will be when Logan is a bit older. Now Logan is such a sweet little boy, and after hearing that talk, I have vowed to do better. The past couple of days since have been pleasantly different for me. I like this new leaf I've turned over! I've also decided to make posts more often, they might be a bit boring for some, but I want to record more of my "living in the moments."

Logan sits in his booster seat each afternoon and watches me make dinner. He likes to play with my kitchen utensils that are hanging on the wall. We call this face his "flash face." He always smiles for me but our camera's flash goes and then the actual picture is taken afterward. By the time the shutter goes, this is the face he has, the flash stuns him.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

I loved that talk also. It made me realize how important these first few years of our kids lives are. I already knew that but I think Elder Ballard made it more clear and helped me to just relax and enjoy every minute. Logan is so cute. I can't believe how big he is. I know I say that all the time, but seriously, isn't it crazy how fast they get big.