Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday!


I posted this pic last year too, but it's a classic. We're having the same cakes, well new ones, but the same kind.

To my sister Kami, she's the big 2-1 today! Also, Happy Birthday to me, I'm the big 2-6 today! We've always been together for our birthday, so it's kind of strange having it all to myself. It feels like another regular day. Although, I did make my cake already AND Kami and I are carrying on our tradition of wearing a matching outfit on the big day. We both discussed it and wished we had matching kitty-sweats again, but alas, we don't. We're both wearing black shirts and matching jack-o-lantern earrings. This was the only thing we could come up with that we BOTH have at the moment (seeing as I am huge right now).

Seth is taking me out tonight (hooray!) and then we are going to Skype with my family for the opening of presents and birthday cake. I'm excited! Thanks to my parents for giving us a webcam (one of my gifts), it was a good one.

Here's what my rental house is giving me for birthday: First of all, it's gross and falling apart and I work really hard to make it decent, and I think it must have ears. It knows how I've been complaining about it. Here's what it decided to do to me: The stupid washer pump is broken (again) and my basement is flooded (again). I discovered it this morning at 8 am; happy birthday Kara! It's not the washer, it's the pump that takes the wash-water out of the basement and into the sewer. I took a time out to make this post and to calm down. Now I'm going to crawl on my hands and knees (very pregnantly) to mop up water-actually I decided to just leave it all down there for someone else to take care of. Then I am going to call the landlord and hope that he gets it fixed pronto, I NEED to be able to do laundry. He'll add it to the list of repairs though, on Monday we had a plumber out; the diagnosis for Monday: the house needs 1 completely new toilet (sewage gases are seeping into the house, and water was coming through the kitchen ceiling), and a new tub and shower in the other bathroom (the tiles are falling off)......SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, also, the heater is 30 years old and the heater-man told me yesterday that it's on its last leg. Pretty much I hate this house and I want to move all of my stuff out and watch it get bull-dozed to the ground. Then I want to move into a new house, that's right, a BRAND new house.

Our lease ends, consequently, the same day as my due-date.....*sigh*

Update: Here's a good b-day twist. The landlord set everything up and the repairs are happening tomorrow morning. YES!

9 comments:

marni said...

Happy Birthday! You're right, it sounds like it's off to a great start. :p I think since so much stuff needs fixing/replacing, your landlord should just let you move out early. And give you back a few months of rent since it's such a crappy place.

I hope Seth takes you someplace nice, like Carl's Jr or something. :) And I hope you birthday is awesome despite the crappiness!!!

The Quintana Family said...

Happy Birthday to both you and Kami! I hope it gets better :)

The Goodrich's said...

Happy Birthday Kara. Hope the rest of your day goes better-it sounds like you need to move! No fun!

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday Kara... I think its so cool that you and Kami get to have the same birthday. That is horrible about your house, I am truly sorry. I know how annoying it is to even bend down when you are pregnant. I hope that you have a great day....

Stacie Marietti White said...

Happy Birthday!! Hopefully your house will get fixed quickly!!

Elena Loo said...

YAY! Happy Birthday Kara! That is exciting - have a great night out! Sorry that the house is falling apart :)

Carly said...

Oh my.....stinking crummy house! I'm sorry, Kara! I hope everything gets fixed pronto. On a lighter note, Happy Birthday! I hope your day is fantastic and that dinner with Seth is fun. Are you getting a sitter for Logan? Love ya lots.

Kylee said...

Happy Birthday Kara! I think October is such a fun month to have a birthday! Hope you're able to go and forget about all of your troubles for a little while! Hope you are surviving the last weeks of pregnancy...so exciting! :)

Maybury said...

I am glad you are getting your bathroom fixed. Yeah for a fun birthday!
I have a quick question. I am just starting to use skype. Do you know how to record a "session" on skype?