The fix-it man just showed me the bathroom. Oh wow. The entire wall(s) in the tub/shower were infested with: Black Mold. I have a massive headache now, my nose is running and my throat is all, well, coughy- AND this might account for Logan's mysterious hives back in the spring? Who knows. They are replacing everything, sheetrock, re-tiling............YAY! Also, my bum gets to be the very first bum to ever use our brand new toilet in the other bathroom. The old one was leaking underneath (puke) and there was mold there too. But not anymore!
I am so very thankful this is happening now and not in a month from now, seeing as we won't be moving before the baby comes. I've been very worried about bringing a newborn into this house, especially in the winter. Now both bathrooms are getting an overhaul and the man has been so very nice. I told him I need the house to be "newborn-safe" and he bleached everything and ripped out everything.....what a blessing. The new sheet rocking and tiling is happening this weekend. I really really really hate this house.
4 comments:
Scary! What a relief to have it fixed! Congrats to your bum, too!
Yay for things being fixed and yay for new toilets. What a birthday! Love ya...
Whew. We found black mold all over our last Logan apartment as we were leaving. Only our landlord was not so nice about it, he claimed that it was our fault because I burned a nice smelling candle in the kitchen occasionally. Huh?
Good luck with the baby! Hope he comes soon, but not too soon!
Gross, but I'm glad they're going to take care of it!
So sorry I'm such a lame friend and forgot your birthday! But in my defense, our internet and phone have been down since Sunday, the phone company just got it fixed today (Friday). I don't remember anyone's birthday unless I see it on facebook. Anyway, happy birthday!
Post a Comment