This post is for Avree and my mom. When my mom and sis were here, we went to the local Salvation Army store. Which, by the way, has some really nice stuff! Kami found this solid-wood dresser with a hutch on top and decided all it needed was a face lift. Avree inspired me back in college to paint things and make them look nice. She is very good at making something old look great, and she gave me the know-how to do it myself. I finally got it done over Labor Day weekend. The pictures are crappy because our camera is crappy, but you get the jist of it. I painted it a bluish-grayish-green and I love the color. The lighting is always bad in this room (there isn't a light in the room, only a lamp). So just imagine that in real-life it looks much much better. I decided to "antique" it, which means I sanded the edges. Logan inspired that idea by driving his truck across the front and scuffing the paint. I like it better now. I am really happy with the extra storage and with how it looks in the room!
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Before and After.
This post is for Avree and my mom. When my mom and sis were here, we went to the local Salvation Army store. Which, by the way, has some really nice stuff! Kami found this solid-wood dresser with a hutch on top and decided all it needed was a face lift. Avree inspired me back in college to paint things and make them look nice. She is very good at making something old look great, and she gave me the know-how to do it myself. I finally got it done over Labor Day weekend. The pictures are crappy because our camera is crappy, but you get the jist of it. I painted it a bluish-grayish-green and I love the color. The lighting is always bad in this room (there isn't a light in the room, only a lamp). So just imagine that in real-life it looks much much better. I decided to "antique" it, which means I sanded the edges. Logan inspired that idea by driving his truck across the front and scuffing the paint. I like it better now. I am really happy with the extra storage and with how it looks in the room!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
that is darling!!! love the color. i think going bold is so cute. my husband and i found a dresser left out in someone's yard about 4 months ago and it is still sitting in our basement ready to paint. maybe you've inspired me. funny, we seem to find a lot of things in the dumpster. our corner bookshelf is from the dumpster behind our apartment. it is really cute now. i can't believe people just throw away treasures like these.
I love it. I think it is so fun to make old things look so good. you did a great job.
Oh I love it! It turned out so great! You are so lucky, it seems like you've found a lot of great stuff for cheap out there in Maryland! (I guess it's not lucky your rent is like a house payment though) Great job!
P.S. If this next kid isn't as screamy as Logan was I decided you can blame Logan's difficultness on all that sawdust you inhaled when we sanded your table.
It looks good. I can't seem to find that good of stuff in Utah. It seems like people here wear things out or trash it pretty good before they give it away.
I have a dresser I want to paint for my girls. Can you give me any tips??? I would love any info you have, because I have never done it before!
Post a Comment